Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Ah yes, all homeless should have telepathic powers with all those who need casual work, and have there own matter transport system, to deliver themselves to where the work casual work is need "in a flash"

Do you really believe all the homeless, are homeless by choice? And therefore can just think there way out of a bad situation?

So even if the homeless guy wanted to work, would you employ him, remember that he homeless, so is likely to smell, looks like shyte, low in energy and is likely to have been in a dark place, or would you employ the the clean living girl next door.

You may believe you are where you are today because of self determination, but that is just bollocks, you are where you are today, because those around you gave you influence and opportunity. Not all have been as fortunate as you and me in this regards.
    All right Babar, have you ever stopped and offered a job to any of these "homeless" standing on the street corner with their signs? What about the rest of you liberals? I have, several times. Why? Because I saw a piece on 60 minutes about how a lot of them weren't homeless at all, but in fact found it easier to stand and ask for money than get a job. What did I find? None of them would come work! Go figure...

Nobody handed me anything in life. I have worked for it. I realize that is a novel concept to a lot of you liberals or even those of you that claim no political affiliation. There are still people in this world that work for a living. I went out and found a job. When I was dissatisfied with that one, I improved my skills and found a new one. Most conservatives have the same type of experience. It's usually the left side that has achieved their levels by someone helping them up.

Yes, there are some homeless that have mental illness. I worked at a boarding home for mentally ill when I was younger. I loved that job, but the pay wouldn't support me. I have real life experience with mental illness. Almost all of those people held a job of some sort. Why? Because they went out and looked for it!

You people that sit back and blame everyone else, yet do nothing to help the situation, disgust me. Government is not the solution! Hand outs are not the solution! When a person, any person, has a job it gives them a sense of meaning. Pride in what they do. The funny part is most of them will work twice as hard as anyone else and never complain!.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

The generalizations are an easy thing to hang your hat on so that you can feel better about yourself. If every homeless person is lazy then I will not be homeless. If some homeless have mental illnesses I will not be homeless because I'm completely sane. This is the world of the right wing conservative until a medical condition bankrupts the household and the conservative looks for all those "programs" to save themselves - and finds they were gutted for the sake of a tax cut for the "job creators".

Netsalt and Barbar,

I lean to the left but I am also disgusted with the way so many suck whatever they can out of gov handout programs. There should be programs to help those working class people that are experiencing bad times, but too many others make a living off free gov handouts.

The questions are:
    Do you recognize that too many are sucking us dry?
    How do we separate the wheat from the chaff? Too many lazy bums hide behind the legitimate situations.

Liberals would get much more respect if they set their sights on the bums that milk us dry rather than always protecting the legitimate cases that the bums hide behind. IMO Liberals will not do this because the “bums” make up too much of their voter base.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Netsalt and Barbar,

I lean to the left but I am also disgusted with the way so many suck whatever they can out of gov handout programs. There should be programs to help those working class people that are experiencing bad times, but too many others make a living off free gov handouts.

The questions are:
    How do we separate the wheat from the chaff? Too many lazy bums hide behind the legitimate situations.

Liberals would get much more respect if they set their sights on the bums that milk us dry rather than always protecting the legitimate cases that the bums hide behind. IMO Liberals will not do this because the “bums” make up too much of their voter base.
    Exactly! I'm all for giving someone a helping hand. Creating a lifestyle for them is what ticks me off.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

While I am sure there is fraud in some of the programs that provide assistance I suspect it is exaggerated for political reasons. I remember the Raygun tall tale about the welfare queen picking up their check in a Cadillac. Problem was he had no proof that this was widespread. Florida tried to weed out drug users and found less than 2 percent tested positive, the program cost more to administrate than was saved. Do any of these "new conservatives" have a fool proof method of weeding out the bad eggs? Of course not, their ideology forces them to think all of these welfare cheats are lining up at the polls to elect Democrats so if they are just cut off you have just killed two birds with one stone. Come on, how many of these fraudsters do you think actually go to the polls?

Salty, you speak with pure narcissism. As a retired paramedic, I can assure you the projects are FULL of Beemers, Volvos, Caddies, etc. These same people collect food stamps, WICK for babies, get free regional transportation, free healthcare,etc. and yes, they line up at the polls. I've run calls at the polls and see my same repeat customers there. They get their marching orders in church, at neighborhood rallies and meetings, at union halls and anywhere else they can. These people make sure they vote because it represents job security for them.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    While I am sure there is fraud in some of the programs that provide assistance I suspect it is exaggerated for political reasons. I remember the Raygun tall tale about the welfare queen picking up their check in a Cadillac. Problem was he had no proof that this was widespread. Florida tried to weed out drug users and found less than 2 percent tested positive, the program cost more to administrate than was saved. Do any of these "new conservatives" have a fool proof method of weeding out the bad eggs? Of course not, their ideology forces them to think all of these welfare cheats are lining up at the polls to elect Democrats so if they are just cut off you have just killed two birds with one stone. Come on, how many of these fraudsters do you think actually go to the polls?
    I think you are being naοve about how well informed these types are on how to milk our system. The increase in the stats speak for itself.

When Arnold Schwarzenegger ran for CA governor he led us to believe he would do something about our illegal alien problem. After two week in office you never heard him say another word about it. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    All right Babar, have you ever stopped and offered a job to any of these "homeless" standing on the street corner with their signs? What about the rest of you liberals? I have, several times. Why? Because I saw a piece on 60 minutes about how a lot of them weren't homeless at all, but in fact found it easier to stand and ask for money than get a job. What did I find? None of them would come work! Go figure...

Nobody handed me anything in life. I have worked for it. I realize that is a novel concept to a lot of you liberals or even those of you that claim no political affiliation. There are still people in this world that work for a living. I went out and found a job. When I was dissatisfied with that one, I improved my skills and found a new one. Most conservatives have the same type of experience. It's usually the left side that has achieved their levels by someone helping them up.

Yes, there are some homeless that have mental illness. I worked at a boarding home for mentally ill when I was younger. I loved that job, but the pay wouldn't support me. I have real life experience with mental illness. Almost all of those people held a job of some sort. Why? Because they went out and looked for it!

You people that sit back and blame everyone else, yet do nothing to help the situation, disgust me. Government is not the solution! Hand outs are not the solution! When a person, any person, has a job it gives them a sense of meaning. Pride in what they do. The funny part is most of them will work twice as hard as anyone else and never complain!.
    Good on you for being a success. I hope you thanked those who assisted you.

If you like personal stories i will give you mine, I was up brought in the UK most violent city,and went that cities worst school, my father died when I was young and left us with no money. i was more than likely i troubled kid. But a couple teachers could see, a spark in the confusion. The effort given by others to guide me down a track, meant that I have employed 100,s paid millions in Tax, was able to retire at 29 years of age. (of which i could not handle so i continue to dabble) and able to travel around the globe many times.

So do not tell me that I sit back and blame everyone else.

I agree with hand out are not the solution, but a hand up is.

If you actually read my original response, I actually agreed with the moral of story. However the life is no so simple. I simply showed a couple of pure practical points.

I do not live in the Greastest, Wealthiest country in the world, so large scale homelessness (excluding recent earthquake issues) is just not seen. (Not to say there is none)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Netsalt and Barbar,

The questions are:

Well written.

I believe that those who benefit from my taxes, if possible should give back to the community. If one is able to work (but work is not available), then for example, that the street he/she lives must be kept clean (simplified view, but I hope you understand the point). The street is not clean , then no payout. Also i believe that there is to much cash or equivalent is given out. (not the value, but how it is spent)

I will give a practical example that has just happened in NZ. When the recession hit, unemploment increased. It was decided that a cycle track would be made the full length of the country (1000miles), This would never be a commercial venture (so would never have been completed otherwise), it was technically not a difficult project. So those unemployed were offered the opportunity to complete this work, if they refused, they got no payment! During this period the unemployed were also offered education and training on some of the practical issue (horticulture and the like)

In NZ, those who are unemployment benefit will now have under go drug testing, to receive the benefit (final detail has not been released on the practical aspects)

Also we are looking into curbing the professional baby makers (because children and family are well looked after for in NZ) This is presently an interest debate.

Political affiliation only matters to the common man...to the rest (politicians and big business) all that matters is their retirement packages...which are amazing by the way. Democrat or Republican they are all the same...they all get paid the same...they all retire the same. Big business buys these politicians into office through propaganda and we (the common people) eat it up like candy. We fight among ourselves over petty differences while these people rule our country, and if you think any of them are really worried about us and anything that pertains to us you are dead wrong. These people are keeping us busy...keeping us occupied while nothing of importance gets done...why? So they can get away with the greatest scam on Earth.

Pull your heads out of your rear ends...come together as one people and fight for what's right...a government that is free and clear of corruption that stems from large corporations. A government that does not retire with full benefits and pay after only four years of service. A government that cares. A constitutional government.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Salty, you speak with pure narcissism. As a retired paramedic, I can assure you the projects are FULL of Beemers, Volvos, Caddies, etc. These same people collect food stamps, WICK for babies, get free regional transportation, free healthcare,etc. and yes, they line up at the polls. I've run calls at the polls and see my same repeat customers there. They get their marching orders in church, at neighborhood rallies and meetings, at union halls and anywhere else they can. These people make sure they vote because it represents job security for them.
    Right on hearthman, can't agree more. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Good on you for being a success. I hope you thanked those who assisted you.

If you like personal stories i will give you mine, I was up brought in the UK most violent city,and went that cities worst school, my father died when I was young and left us with no money. i was more than likely i troubled kid. But a couple teachers could see, a spark in the confusion. The effort given by others to guide me down a track, meant that I have employed 100,s paid millions in Tax, was able to retire at 29 years of age. (of which i could not handle so i continue to dabble) and able to travel around the globe many times.

So do not tell me that I sit back and blame everyone else.

I agree with hand out are not the solution, but a hand up is.

If you actually read my original response, I actually agreed with the moral of story. However the life is no so simple. I simply showed a couple of pure practical points.

I do not live in the Greastest, Wealthiest country in the world, so large scale homelessness (excluding recent earthquake issues) is just not seen. (Not to say there is none)
    So, eh, how did you make your millions?
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

To see liberals congratulating other liberals on their ridiculous stupidity is hilarious!

The blind leading the blind lolz.

I needed a good laugh today....damn liberals are always in my way making me late.

Thank you Janes!

Saw another Obama bumper sticker today on a toyota (surprise) and was thinking about a pit maneuver.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast