Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Look at the libbie response to this post....popping up like worms from the ground after a storm.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

looking back on how history has played out in the past i think we would all be better off cutting our own grass

Why is it whenever a bunch of you guys (so-called "conservatives") get together, you start making a bunch of obtuse generalizations about people? Why must you always pretend that you know something others don't? You all may fantasize about being rugged, self-sufficient, self-made individuals and men of principle, but the truth is that you are soft, pasty, suburban panty-waists with receding hairlines who are no less coddled and enabled by society than anyone else.

No offense.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Best thread ever.

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Ah yes, all homeless should have telepathic powers with all those who need casual work, and have there own matter transport system, to deliver themselves to where the work casual work is need "in a flash"

Do you really believe all the homeless, are homeless by choice? And therefore can just think there way out of a bad situation? Some yes. Some are mentally ill. Some are just in a bad place in their lives. Some put themselves there by making bad choices in their lives.

So even if the homeless guy wanted to work, would you employ him, remember that he homeless, so is likely to smell, looks like shyte, low in energy and is likely to have been in a dark place, or would you employ the the clean living girl next door. HoBo, form the words Hoe Boy. HoBo traveled the country during the Depression with a hoe and a desire to work. The leaves will be falling soon by the community shelter. Many of the homeless in my area at the shelter are a very short walk from these leaves. Many have the means to get a rake, broom, and a shovel. Will any knok on doors and ask if they could make some change using these very basic tools and affordable tools?

You may believe you are where you are today because of self determination, but that is just bollocks, you are where you are today, because those around you gave you influence and opportunity. Not all have been as fortunate as you and me in this regards.That is just bollocks. The difference is I like many others here took that influence and opportunity and did some thing with it.
    Influence and opportunity is the only thing given, and we made the difference.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Actually there are quite a bit of homelsess that are in that situation by choice and remain there by choice.

It comes down to personal responsibillity. Remember the comedy aide thing thry did back in the 80s. All the pin head liberal comedians got together and accomplished NOTHING.

Give a homeless guy enough cash for six months rent on a extended stay hotel and then follow up in a day.

The young girl would be best served if she could grow up to be a Republican.

I want to be a coddled suburban panty-waists with receding hairline. Still looking for the coddle part.

So since this went into the homeless direction, you do realize many of the homeless have mental disabilities?

30-35 percent of the homeless in general, and up to 75 percent of homeless women specifically, have a mental illness.
    20-25 percent of homeless people suffer from concurrent disorders (severe mental illness and addictions).
    People who have a severe mental illness are over-represented in the homeless population, as they were released from hospitals and jails without proper community supports in place for them.
    People with mental illness 'remain homeless for longer periods of time and have less contact with family and friends. They encounter more barriers to employment and tend to be in poorer health than other homeless people.

http://www.ontario.cmha.ca/fact_sheets.asp?cID=3975
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

The answers to my questions were quite simple

He either knew about the work or he did not. If he did not then how could he possibly undertake such work. No political motive, or leaning
    You were either looking for cheap labour or you were not, no political motive. Nothing evil about employment (have employed 100,s), but exploitation is a.different matter.
    In NZ all have to pay taxes on money earned.
    Why are big companies evil? A ligit business is one that has the right protection to undertake work.
    Do you honestly think that all set set up a business and employee people, so that there would be no need for society to fiscal intervention. WOW, reversed commie utopia. Keep dreaming.
    You think free market competition build the known world, I think you need to go to the other side of library, Fiction is for enjoyment, Non Fiction is knowledge. Do you get your history from the same section you would get your business model "Willi Wonka,s Chocolate Factory", Today I can not supply my products into the USA without a tarif being given, not such a free market is it?

Quote Originally Posted by AZheat2012 View Post
    The young girl would be best served if she could grow up to be a Republican.
    The young girl would be served if she grew up to use the brain she was given, and not to follow a political label.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    Influence and opportunity is the only thing given, and we made the difference.
    Without the influence and opportunity, you would not be able to make a difference. Are you really that naive to think all americans (and any others for that matter) are born equal or even into some form of equality. Just because your forefathers said it was, does not mean that it is indeed fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Actually there are quite a bit of homelsess that are in that situation by choice and remain there by choice.

It comes down to personal responsibillity. Remember the comedy aide thing thry did back in the 80s. All the pin head liberal comedians got together and accomplished NOTHING.

Give a homeless guy enough cash for six months rent on a extended stay hotel and then follow up in a day.
    Good on them, that is what freedom is about, I hope the DO NOT receive any social funding.

But what about those who DO NOT have a choice? Do you just give them a kick whilst he is down?

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Good on them, that is what freedom is about, I hope the DO NOT receive any social funding.

But what about those who DO NOT have a choice? Do you just give them a kick whilst he is down?
    More Progressive gibberish as usual. No, we have MASSIVE programs in place to help the needy. In fact, we have bankrupted the country over hand-outs to the "needy". In fact, we've gone so overboard with this we have converted the self-sufficient into the needy just to expand the programs so we can count exponentially how many needy we do help in so many ways. Free health care, food stamps, no taxes, food for infants, free diapers, free public transport, etc. doesn't sound like kicking them when they're down to me.

As for the mentally ill, we have many programs and places for them too, not the least of which is called "Congress". We tend to allow the mentally ill to live as they desire in this country until a judge rules them a danger to themselves or others. Until then, they can live in carboard mansions if they prefer. Watch the movie "Seabiscuit". The jockey preferred sleeping in the barn while the trainer/ cowboy preferred sleeping out under open skies rather than a warm, plush mansion. Some people just like it that way. A lot of people will squander every penny you give them and still live like rats. I have a sister who chose to live like a bum and refuses to work squandering anything we give her. My brother set her up in an apartment with three months rent paid. She was evicted a year later. When my Mother came over and offered to shampoo the carpet so they wouldn't lose the security deposit my sister blew up screaming that no one ever gets the deposit back so why bother. My Mother told her the realtor, who is a friend assured her this place returns deposits all the time when the place is left in decent condition. My sister said she didn't care even when my mother pointed out it was my brother's money--not hers. She took the returned deposit money and blew it on crap then had to scramble for real needs. Many of these people cannot be fixed.

Dude, the Republicans are the ones who suggest everyone has a brain and deserves the chance to use it rather than become automatons of the State. The Dummycrats tell everyone they are incompetent at managing their own affairs so they need the government to tell them when, where and how to wipe their bottoms.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast