Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Obama wants to use the IRS to force ObamaCare on us... read on:

This came across my Email box... thought it was worth folks knowing... Might want to read it and think carefully BEFORE you vote in Nov:

It might be the most outrageous abuse of regulatory power yet from the Obama administration – and that is saying a lot.

The president’s health care law attempted to coerce states into administering its vast new health care entitlement by offering huge subsidies if states would set up “exchanges,” new health care bureaucracies. The Democrats who wrote the law thought every state would be eager to do it – but the American people rose up and demanded states say no. And they did. At least 30 states said no thanks to the exchanges with their huge new taxpayer-funded subsidies and employer taxes.

Please click here now to urge your U.S. Senators to do everything in their power to support the Johnson Resolution and Stop the IRS Power Grab!

Now the IRS is attempting to illegitimately rewrite the law to force states that lawfully opted out back in, by allowing subsidies to flow through federal exchanges. And the IRS is claiming companies must pay penalty taxes of thousands of dollars per employee – even if their state lawfully opted out. It’s literally taxation without representation – and it’s happening in secret, without the American people having a voice.

Fortunately, Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson has introduced Senate Joint Resolution 48 (S.J. Res. 48) to overturn this outrageous IRS power grab and allow states to exercise their lawful power to opt out of Obama’s health care subsidies and employer taxes.

Please click here now to urge your U.S. Senators to do everything in their power to support the Johnson Resolution and Stop the IRS Power Grab!

We can force a Senate vote on overturning this outrageous IRS power grab if just 30 senators sign a discharge petition under the Congressional Review Act. And we can pass it on the Senate floor with just 51 votes, because the resolution is protected from filibuster. (That would force Obama to use his veto pen and take full political responsibility if he wants to continue this outrage.)

This health care law is such a disaster that Obama is relying on his IRS – one of the most hated government agencies– to secretly rewrite it and force states that opted out back in. If we can get 30 senators to sign onto this discharge petition, we can expose what’s happening to the American people and build an even stronger case for repeal.

Please forward this email to anyone you know who may be interested in this issue. We need a groundswell of support to force a vote on this issue. Thank you so much for your help.

Yours truly,
    Phil Kerpen
    (end)

GA comment: Those of us that keep regular tabs on the govt... myself included, knew this years ago. I read the entire 2000+ page bill before the govt passed it... this was in it.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. If we take our eyes off the govt for just a minute... they will try as HARD AS THEY CAN to pull something... it is the nature of the beast. Best to never trust them... rather keep then under our thumbs.

GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Of course the IRS must enforce it, it is a new tax according to Obama's lawyers. New tax, expansion of the IRS, yadda yadda yadda, we knew this already.

No doubt it is evil, but we are stuck with it.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Well at least you are starting to get it right. The whole problem with the ObamaCare bill was that there is no savings without going to a single payer system. Time to get rid of the huge insurance bureaucracy and down the road the road to savings.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Well at least you are starting to get it right. The whole problem with the ObamaCare bill was that there is no savings without going to a single payer system. Time to get rid of the huge insurance bureaucracy and down the road the road to savings.
    And in the process freedom of choice, competition, accountability, and anything other than 'one shoe fits all' medicine goes out the window. REAL improvement there... NOT!
    GA's view: If folks in other countries like their medical system... that is their business. However why are you forcing it on us? Maybe we like our way... ever think it is none of the business of other countries how the USA does thing?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Yes, we will next regulate or nationalize the insurance industry. Health-care first.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Yep. That's what all of this is about.

http://www.politifact.com/georgia/st...bama-health-c/

Sixteen thousand new Internal Revenue Service agents will be "empowered to enforce" the new health care legislation
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    And in the process freedom of choice, competition, accountability, and anything other than 'one shoe fits all' medicine goes out the window. REAL improvement there... NOT!
    GA's view: If folks in other countries like their medical system... that is their business. However why are you forcing it on us? Maybe we like our way... ever think it is none of the business of other countries how the USA does thing?
    We have freedom of choice, we can go to ant doctor or hospital we want. I see no reason why you can not. The only difference is the government collects the money though the IRS and the money goes to the doctors or hospitals as it does now with the insurance companies but without all the insurance company overhead since the IRS is already there. Hey buddy, not forcing anything on you. You did not sign a treaty with the U.N. where they force you to do it.You are working that way all by yourself.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Yes, we will next regulate or nationalize the insurance industry. Health-care first.
    The first step is always the hardest. Here is another.

Reportedly, University of Colorado psychiatrist Lynne Fenton was so concerned about potential violence by Holmes, who was both her student and patient, she warned the university’s Behavioral Analysis and Threat Assessment [BETA] unit. Reportedly, the unit didn’t take action or meet after Fenton’s warnings. That failure, according to George Washington University public interest law professor John Banzhaf, “substantially” increases the probability that the university will be sued by victims of the massacre and it could also be forced to settle the law suits, as universities have in other shooting cases.
    http://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/2691...gency_response

The end result of this will be students that think big brother will be watching them to keep them safe. Institutional monitoring will seem to be the norm and eventually accepted as normal after a generation. You see where this is going right?

Not sure if I am following you printer, SO I guess we take the following for what it is worth:

Insurance rates are going to explode. The feds will have to step in and try to get a grip on it. Nothing will work, the math or dollars are simply not there, you are either going to have to go rape 'the rich' or screw everybody in some way such as a added value tax. Won't solve the problem, still costs too much, so you have to look at what is costing us money:

Smokers first.
    Gun owners.
    Boat owners.
    Pet owners.
    Land owners.
    Anything you wish. Actually, it is a liberal dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Right-wing wacko 'muricans are too ignorant and arrogant to entertain the notion that someone somewhere outside of 'murica has a better idea. I think the US is the only industrialized nation left that does not have near universal coverage for it's citizens, whether it's through some government subsidized health insurance program, or a single payer system.

Switzerland leads the world in technology and economic stability, has the Large Hadron Collider and universal healthcare for it's citizens. I'm not saying that they have a perfect society; they are just an example used for the purpose of contrast.

The US has stock car racing, iPhones, and a system of privatized profits and socialized losses, in which less than 60% of people have meaningful health coverage. The US government has also bamboozled 'muricans en masse to vehemently oppose the implementation of a system that would benefit the citizens instead of the profiteering health insurance companies who exist only to siphon value out of the system.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Socialized health care is so good many die waiting for care. If you ever waited in line for government provided service you have a glimpse of what you will get, only with health care, your life may depend on prompt & proficient service. My dad always said just because someone else stuck their head in the toilet doesn't mean you have to. Ask people under socialized health care before you believe the bs praising it's virtues.

Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    Socialized health care is so good many die waiting for care. If you ever waited in line for government provided service you have a glimpse of what you will get, only with health care, your life may depend on prompt & proficient service. My dad always said just because someone else stuck their head in the toilet doesn't mean you have to. Ask people under socialized health care before you believe the bs praising it's virtues.
    How does healthcare work in Caledonia?
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast