Rusted like really really rusted suction elbob and water in purge sight glass

Where can I get a suction elbow? Cvhf350. I was scraping out rust on the elbow with screwdriver then bam burst a hole straight tru elbow, lost the screw driver (was my favorite screw driver) that's why I am opening the machine not because it out of vac and water in purge lol.... Never seen one rusted so much , talk about a **** storm plus there is d issue of the tube leak,I really don't wanna know the price of a new elbow , any body got a old me Lyon around???

If the machine rusted a hole through the elbow you have much bigger problems on your hands. Is there any good metal on the elbow? If there is take the elbow down and have a piece of steel welded over the hole. I cannot imagine a chiller that has rusted a hole through that thick of a piece of steel to even be worth salvaging. Even if you fix the leaks the entire internal steel surfaces will be covered in rust and it will take years to get it out. Water in a low pressure chiller is the death of it unless it is discovered quickly. In your case it sounds like it wasn't.

sounds like you need to talk to your chemical treatment company....you do have one right?

Quote Originally Posted by dlove
    sounds like you need to talk to your chemical treatment company....you do have one right?
    The problem (even if there are tubes leaking) may or may not be due to neglect or lack of water treatment. There are many other possibilities for tube failure that have little or nothing to do with water treatment.