Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennyb View Post
    I did try and turn off the TXV's cap, but I didn't have room to get any wrenches on it. It has been replaced sometime before and adjusting TXV obviously wasn't on the installers adgenda. It is an externally equalized TXV with a removeable power head. I wanted to open up TXV some but like I said impossible to get a wrench on it. I will try later when Im back to the Unit with a socket.

It's attached with copper and the last time I did one the copper bends real easy.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Depends how cold the freezer is, and what temp it is outside. Mild temp day, 230 head, -10 in the box, 16.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

16 PSIG on suction line in good all around conditions? Which would be about -22 on Gauge? So for a SH of 18-20 that means Im looking for a suction line temp of about zero??? Doesn't sound right!!! That would surely freeze up suction line and compressor etc.

SH=Suction line Temp - Evap temp

Or I thought
    Last edited by Lennyb; 08-13-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Adding txt

You don't work on freezers often, do you?
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

16 PSIG on suction line in good all around conditions? Which would be about -22 on Gauge? So for a SH of 18-20 that means Im looking for a suction line temp of about zero??? Doesn't sound right!!! That would surely freeze up suction line and compressor etc.

Or I thought

Oh Boy.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

If only I could paid extra for those "froze up" calls where the accumulator has ice on it....I could probably afford that nice Caribbean vacation the wife has been wanting for 2 years!

Don't sweat the ice....you're in the home stretch now. sounds like you have the problem narrowed down, seal the deal.

Is there a stainer on that TEV?

Or I thought
    SH 18-20? Ok don't be offended but you are not looking for the right numbers the right way. SH is the difference between saturated suction temp and actual suction temp and it should be 6-10 at the TXV bulb on a WI freezer. Agin don't be offended I'm not picking just wanna get you goin in the right direction.

Also don't worry about frosting of the suction line it's going to happen if not insulated because the line temp will be well below 0 on a -10 degree box. The comp will not freeze up if charge and SH are correct.

No mostly heat pumps and coolers

So your saying that the Evap line temp at the TXV bulb should be 6-10 for a 404a freezer? Also maybe im just slow but I was under the impression I understood SH

With R22, 410A, and coolers with 414B, 409A, and 404a. Only 3 freezers on property.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast