Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: vacum setup

I think you may find it does. I was extremely doubtful it would work as stated, but man, i got 130 micron vacs on my BluVac with Nylog.

And in my over thirty years experience in using a vacuum tube thermistor micron gauge, the BlueVac delivers the same performance but in a smaller package.

When you get the chance try one out...I am still stoked over the performance of my BluVac and I have only had it since this July.

I also own a JB DV22 n which is my second fav micron gauge and a JB DV 40 Supernova..cant tell you a thing about it cause its still sitting in the case unused. .

Had a QVC moment this summer and bought a boat load of extra HVAC test instruments I'll probably never use.

After thirty years in this trade I guess a guy is allowed at least one moment of insane buying sprees.

Ya everybody keeps talking about the bluevac maybe next big job ill buy it and compare it against the fieldpiece
    Thanx for the input and what tee fitting should i ask for so i can compare that against the vacuum tree

Actually they are standard plumbing fitting.
    3/8 male SAE by 3/8 male SAE by 1/2 MPT (or what ever your pump in take size is)

I'll get a link if I can.

Thx appreciate the knowledge
    Knowledge equals $$$$$

First of all, weird picture, man. Looks heavily photoshopped. Almost looks like the picture was assembled with photos taken from the web and shopped into a gun case. Not saying that you don't actually have the tools, but weird picture.

Anyway, where was I?

Oh, yeah.

I'm with hvaclover on this. Less fittings, less leaks. Less leaks, faster, deeper, better evacuation.

I did a DIY 'tree' on my last vacuum pump and it worked great. Couple brass pipe fittings from Lowes and some pipe dope. Took about 15 minutes from concept to execution, including the walk through Lowes. A little thought and a BIG wrench...

Nylog is great stuff. Ive heard of, but never tried the deep vac grease. Maxi-vac?

Glad to hear that you are liking the BluVac, clover. It is a heck of a micron gauge. It can make you question your sanity

Believe me the tools are real maybe if i even thought twice about the comment i would retake it and show a receipt
    Maybe it was the lighting and definitely would not waste the time to photoshopped the pic
    Cases by source that were the case was bought than cut the foam out myself

I think it looked shopped because of the light colored marker that was used to trace where the foam would be removed. It's still on the foam, making it look like the tools are outlined.

---------------------------------
    Please excuse me if my post looks like it was typed by a teenager. It was sent from my phone.
    I do three kinds of work.
    1 - Good - 2 - Fast - 3 - Cheap
    Pick two

Yes i used a silver sharpie to trace the tools

Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Actually they are standard plumbing fitting.
    3/8 male SAE by 3/8 male SAE by 1/2 MPT (or what ever your pump in take size is)

I'll get a link if I can.
    I have not been able to find one for my yellow jacket. Mine is 3/4 NPT instead of 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    I have not been able to find one for my yellow jacket. Mine is 3/4 NPT instead of 1/2
    They have them.

call yellow jacket and get the plumbing prt number. Than shop the plumbing supply sites.

better yet call the internet site and describe what you need.

I am a little reluctant to to confess I don't know the plumbing terminology.

Heh, TELL me about questioning my sanity over getting
    accustomed to the bluvac!

My old Robinaire analog Robinaire never acted that way.

I pulled a vacuum on a twenty lb co2 tank and at irst it went down fast to 800 mics and stayed there for a while.

Then the damn thing shot up to 50k mics. Had me scratching my head. I waited and as i suspected there was a lot of co2 that flashed off towards the end of the evacuation.

My final evac was 700 mics and I charged the tank with Bone Dry. I must say that blue vac take a beating.

While I was away from Talk I went on an insane instrument buying binge. I got stuff I will never use but it's still fun to own.

Remind me to send you a link on the new Amprobe I bought from TTT. I saw YouTroll's (Eddy Leverrich) video and I immediately bought the meter. Measures watss, Hz, DC and AC amps. Class IV and class IIi voltage rating.

The thing is great!

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post

Pull the fitting, then go to plumbing/hardware store and match is what I did.

I think mine was 3/4, too. Lowes had it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast