+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: vacum setup

Post Likes
    I have a bad o-ring in my exhaust too, ang I am guilty of over filling my pump oil (damn thing takes forever to show full and I always over shoot the full-line.

I considered the TEZ pump from Appion, but the thing could wake the dead. And Its heaveer than my Robbie ...it does not pump down any faster than my Robbie either.

So why pay 800 bucks when my pump cost about 450????

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    I have a bad o-ring in my exhaust too, ang I am guilty of over filling my pump oil (damn thing takes forever to show full and I always over shoot the full-line.

I considered the TEZ pump from Appion, but the thing could wake the dead. And Its heaveer than my Robbie ...it does not pump down any faster than my Robbie either.

So why pay 800 bucks when my pump cost about 450????
    If you do small systems there is no advantage. However if you do systems that are wet or very large systems then the TEZ 8 is the way to go as you can monitor oil condition and change oil on the go without shutting the pump off.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MechAcc View Post
    If you do small systems there is no advantage. However if you do systems that are wet or very large systems then the TEZ 8 is the way to go as you can monitor oil condition and change oil on the go without shutting the pump off.
    Yeah, but i can do that with my Robbie too.

Changing oil on the fly is nothing new ....old rfeer dogs have been doing it for years.

Just need to isolate the system.

And the TEZ has a very small oil reservoir.....oil changes are very frequent where as my Robbie has a very large oil sump.

And if i used a TEZ on my resi jobs, the cops would arrest me for disturbing the peace. That thing is f'ing loud!

Don't get me wrong, I love my Appion products and they are a company ahead of the technology curve, but the TEZ is just not for me.

Post Likes
    Can someone explain the best way to break the vacuum in these setups? My concern is damaging the micron gauge during a triple evac or charging. It doesn't look like you can isolate just the gauge if it is attached to the side port of the Appion CRT.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FieldGen3 View Post
    Can someone explain the best way to break the vacuum in these setups? My concern is damaging the micron gauge during a triple evac or charging. It doesn't look like you can isolate just the gauge if it is attached to the side port of the Appion CRT.
    BluVac "can" handle 500 psi.

some people are using an additional core tool or shut off to isolate micron gauge.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    So can the fieldpiece

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timetable15 View Post
    So can the fieldpiece
    get a bluvac

Post Likes
    I picked up the yellow version of the LTE today. Now I know my Appion CRT leaks.....

Post Likes
    I have been so disgusted with my micron guage and vacum pump holding a vacum for some reason just wont happen. I have been trying to eliminate some possibilitys. I will hook my vacum pump up to my manifold, then hook blue guage to micton guage and leave red hose on manifold. I can pull my micron guage down below two hundred microns then.valve off my blue hose and it starts climbing. Put in new rubber gaskeys in.hose. Guess it has to be the micron guage... Or could.the manifold be the problem. Usong the cheaper jb micron.guage

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    On the topic of moisture content of alcohol....

After cleaning the micron sensor, wouldn't it be wise to install it on your vacuum pump and run the pump?

Would seem to me to be a quick and effective way to dry the sensor out.

Of course, you run the risk of contaminating it with oil right after you cleaned it...

Hmmm.

Thoughts?

Exactly how I dry mine. I run the pump for a few minutes before turning my gauge on

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drife678 View Post
    I have been so disgusted with my micron guage and vacum pump holding a vacum for some reason just wont happen. I have been trying to eliminate some possibilitys. I will hook my vacum pump up to my manifold, then hook blue guage to micton guage and leave red hose on manifold. I can pull my micron guage down below two hundred microns then.valve off my blue hose and it starts climbing. Put in new rubber gaskeys in.hose. Guess it has to be the micron guage... Or could.the manifold be the problem. Usong the cheaper jb micron.guage
    A shot or two of nitro or dry Co2 will absorb the moisture quicker than a pump can boil it off.

Post Likes
    Are you guys using nylog on the bluevac fitting? I use nylog every where else just feel like I will contaminate the sensor if I use their.

JASON sent this from his DUMB-PHONE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TriplePoint View Post
    Are you guys using nylog on the bluevac fitting? I use nylog every where else just feel like I will contaminate the sensor if I use their.

i use nylog on my bluvac.

Post Likes
    My problem is that I cant valve it off and hold a vacum using jb micron.guage

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TriplePoint View Post

I use it. You have to be real careful not to get too much. If you do, it says "oil" and you have to clean it.

Post Likes
    Have never heard of nylog...

Post Likes
    My problem is that I cant valve it off and hold a vacum using jb micron.guage
    make sure your gasket has not fallen out or needs replacing.

Post Likes
    Hook the micron gauge to an empty recovery cylinder and evacuate THAT.

You are dealing with a very small volume and ANY leakage will drive you batty.

Increase the volume and you should see an improvement.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Hook the micron gauge to an empty recovery cylinder and evacuate THAT.

You are dealing with a very small volume and ANY leakage will drive you batty.

Increase the volume and you should see an improvement.
    JP,
    You ever see that dinky gasket they use in a JB DVN 222 N?

Cripe, if you don't have a 1/4" flare plug in the connection it will fall out.

Don't get the logic of the connection they use at all. The gauge connection is female flare and relies on metal to metal contact and the gasket is just insurance.

Really should redesign it.

Blu Vac connection is awesome...no guessing if the connection is right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    I'd thought of thought too, but when I bought one from HD, the pipe threads just didn't seem right..Chink made of course.

Just didn't want to take a chance on cross threading the pumpm intake.

Some take NPT and others take MPT. So you have to be care ful on what you buy.

I got my one of my tees from Fastenal and it cost 2.99.

I talked to a local vac pump servicer and got my sizes straight before I took the plunge. You cross thread the the in take you are in for some expensive OEM parts
    (Chink Made) HMMM! Isn't that a bit racist? Hey Timetable, That is an awesome case setup. How did you cut the foam so perfectly?
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in