vacum setup
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: vacum setup

vacum setup

Name:  2012-08-12_18-41-31_265.jpg
Views: 1773
Size:  44.3 KB
    just purchased setup about a month ago used 5 times all down to 500 microns within 5 min and down to 300 within 15 min well worth the money

LOOK AT ALL THOSE GIZMOS... tell me more please.

I like that case.

Quote Originally Posted by timetable15 View Post
    Name:  2012-08-12_18-41-31_265.jpg
Views: 1773
Size:  44.3 KB
    just purchased setup about a month ago used 5 times all down to 500 microns within 5 min and down to 300 within 15 min well worth the money
    I dont need it cause I get paid by the hour

yellow jacket makes the setup the tree with the gauge mounts to the vacuum pump two 3/8 by 1/4 hoses go from the tree to the core removal tools and the 3rd 1/4 hose goes from the extra tapping on the side of the core removal tool for the micron gauge.
    micron gauge is fieldpiece also have my nitro regulator and flush kit in there so there not bouncing around somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I dont need it cause I get paid by the hour
    i dont and like knowing the job is done right

cases by source
    check them out they have everything you could possibly need reasonably priced too

Not sure there is a better kit on the market than this with a Bluvac.

Havent used the bluevac everybody raves about it on here my supplier carries fieldpiece and yellow jacket i try to buy my tools from them cause there is no hassle when there is a problem haven't had much luck buying stuff over the internet and besides the micron gauge its a tree with hoses

Too many connections for me...possibility of a leak increases with more connections. This is not new information either. Any old refer guy like many on this forum will agree that the lack of connection points was a Gospel we all practiced back in the day as well as now.

Better to go with a combination 1/2 and 3/8 tee off the vacuum pump with CRTs and vacuum hoses with Nylog to keep the possibility of leaks to an absolute minimum.

Even the use of Nylog is not a new idea...before I switched to Nylog use, refer dogs were coating threaded vacuum connection with Deep Vacuum Grease. You can still buy this grease, but Nylog seems to be the better choice since both formulations (Red and Blue) are miscible with their intended refer oils and wont contaminate the system

Hvaclover in the vacuum setup there is two core removal tools like u said two 3/8 by 1/4 vacuum hoses and a tree that tree is a solid piece of brass it has one more connection for the gauge at the top than a 1/2 by 3/8 tee so i dont get what your saying by all the extra connections
    I just ordered the nylog for the fittings i definitely agree with that
    I dont use the tee on the vacuum gauge i remove it and i run a 1/4 vacuum hose to the core removal tool

Quote Originally Posted by timetable15 View Post
    Hvaclover in the vacuum setup there is two core removal tools like u said two 3/8 by 1/4 vacuum hoses and a tree that tree is a solid piece of brass it has one more connection for the gauge at the top than a 1/2 by 3/8 tee so i dont get what your saying by all the extra connections
    I just ordered the nylog for the fittings i definitely agree with that
    I dont use the tee on the vacuum gauge i remove it and i run a 1/4 vacuum hose to the core removal tool
    You have the tree and gauge connection. And the two ball valves. The hose connections (where they connect to the tree body) I have been informed by different authoritative source could be a problem.

The tee has only two connections. Using CRTs with evac hoses means you have a lot less potential for leaks.

Don't forget that tree is easy to bump against something and bend it, also. And the tree gives you another set of gaskets to worry about.

Ya i hear on bumping it thats why i got the case it goes on the pump and right off into the case if the tree becomes a problem i will get the tee fitting you are talking about but so far down to 300 no problem valve off at crt and holds like a champ and that is without using nylog
    Ill let u know if the nylog makes a big difference

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast