Multi purpose ladder

Anybody use these type of ladders. I am interested in one that would take the place of my 6 foot and 8 foot step ladder.

Just carry one ladder. More compact when completely collapsed ?

Any suggestions.

I haven't used one, but I've been seriously thinking about getting a Little Giant Xtreme, with a couple of the optional accessories.

http://www.littlegiantxtreme.com/
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Looks heavy

I've got a 17' Little Giant ladder on my work truck. My van carries all my other ladders. I've found it's pretty dang usefull, and it's not too heavy either. Just stick your arm through it and pull it up on your shoulder and you can carry it without any trouble. Heavier than a 6 foot aluminum, but for what it can do, it's pretty impressive.

Also, I got mine on sale at Costo for under $150.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaallred View Post
    I've got a 17' Little Giant ladder on my work truck. My van carries all my other ladders. I've found it's pretty dang usefull, and it's not too heavy either. Just stick your arm through it and pull it up on your shoulder and you can carry it without any trouble. Heavier than a 6 foot aluminum, but for what it can do, it's pretty impressive.
    Model ? What is the collapsed length ? Could it be used in place of 8 foot step ladder ?

I have a Little Giant ladder, what they call the 22 foot version. As a step ladder it starts as a 6 footer, and expands up to an 11 footer (11 steps). If opened up as an extension ladder it goes from 12 feet to 22 feet.

This ladder has made my life simpler so many times. I have used it on stairs, in the offset mode to get next to a wall, as a small extension ladder. We have many 3 and four story buildings that you have to have at least a 10 foot ladder to get on the roof from the top floor balcony, which this is great for since I have to carry it up 3 flights of stairs.

Another thing I will tell you, one of my co workers bought the Werner version, and it has already had 3 pieces fall off of it, including one of the two knobs at the hinge to unlock the hinge. My Little Giant is holding strong after 4 years, no parts falling off. Keep in mind LG has a lifetime warranty also. The others, not so much.

Downfall of this ladder, it is heavy, I believe it clocks in at around 70 pounds. Good thing it has wheels on it for easier transport (nobody else's does that I know of).
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Anybody use these type of ladders. I am interested in one that would take the place of my 6 foot and 8 foot step ladder.

Just carry one ladder. More compact when completely collapsed ?

Any suggestions.
    http://nicoleyiding.en.ec21.com/2.6M...8_5240895.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/28...adder.html?s=p

The above seem to be what you are looking for. They are 8.5 feet extended. The first site may sell them individually. Alibaba.com is very helpful and may find you a US distributor.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Model ? What is the collapsed length ? Could it be used in place of 8 foot step ladder ?
    The Costco one that I bought is the "Mega Light" 17' ladder. I can't find it anywhere on LG's website. Maybe a Costco exclusive?

It weighs 30lbs, and is 4'7" long when fully collapsed. Pretty portable for what it can be used for.