Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: walk in rebuild

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    louisville
    Posts
    47

    walk in rebuild

    hey guys, ive got a kold locker by nor lake old walk in 8x8. old r12 system. compressor chatters on start up, not keeping temp (about -5 to 8*). appears to be low charge. i dont want to buy a tank of r12, or really deal with r12 at all. (this is my deer processors walk in). what would i need to replace the condensor, and evap so that it could be run on 404a or a similar refrigerant. model on the box is klf66-cl-26 serial is 91101798 ive never done a rebuild on a box, so i figured i had better ask you guys. thanks. KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Richland, WA
    Posts
    236
    I've converted a R22 freezer to MO99, replaced the TXV, compressor and the filter driers.

    I've also converted a R409a cooler to a R404a, replaced the TXV, compressor, and filter driers.

    Also flushed the old line set with the Rx11 flush before putting in the new equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by superheat1 View Post
    hey guys, ive got a kold locker by nor lake old walk in 8x8. old r12 system. compressor chatters on start up, not keeping temp (about -5 to 8*). appears to be low charge. i dont want to buy a tank of r12, or really deal with r12 at all. (this is my deer processors walk in). what would i need to replace the condensor, and evap so that it could be run on 404a or a similar refrigerant. model on the box is klf66-cl-26 serial is 91101798 ive never done a rebuild on a box, so i figured i had better ask you guys. thanks. KB

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    louisville
    Posts
    47
    i guess i worded my request wrong. i need links etc., for whole evaporators, or kits to change this from existing, to a 404a system. cutting out existing txv, is not something that looked like fun. currently its all compression fittings, and none of it is wrapped etc. if possible i would like to replace the entire evaporator with something newer. as i do very little refrigeration, im at a loss of where to shop for what i need.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Richland, WA
    Posts
    236
    I had to cut out a compression TXV one of the systems and it wasn't fun, but it's cheaper than a whole evap and condensor replacement unless the customer wants to replace the system.

    Quote Originally Posted by superheat1 View Post
    i guess i worded my request wrong. i need links etc., for whole evaporators, or kits to change this from existing, to a 404a system. cutting out existing txv, is not something that looked like fun. currently its all compression fittings, and none of it is wrapped etc. if possible i would like to replace the entire evaporator with something newer. as i do very little refrigeration, im at a loss of where to shop for what i need.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas NV
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by superheat1 View Post
    hey guys, ive got a kold locker by nor lake old walk in 8x8. old r12 system. compressor chatters on start up, not keeping temp (about -5 to 8*). appears to be low charge. i dont want to buy a tank of r12, or really deal with r12 at all. (this is my deer processors walk in). what would i need to replace the condensor, and evap so that it could be run on 404a or a similar refrigerant. model on the box is klf66-cl-26 serial is 91101798 ive never done a rebuild on a box, so i figured i had better ask you guys. thanks. KB
    The model of the box doesn't help. Give us the compressor model number and the evaporator model number.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Guayaquil EC
    Posts
    10,092
    Quote Originally Posted by powell View Post
    The model of the box doesn't help. Give us the compressor model number and the evaporator model number.
    Actually it may help yet.

    That Norlake number says it's a 6 x 6, not an 8 x 8.

    I suggest doing a load calc and select your own system instead of copying what's there...which is typically undersized in my book.

    http://www.heatcraftrpd.com/products....aspx?&fid=959

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event