Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Design

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vstech View Post
    the desuperheater should only be on the cooling system... there's no reason to desuperheat the heating side... it's needed to HEAT the loop...
    I fail to understand why you have two systems... I'd think a heatpump style design could be incorporated, but I suppose having 3 tons dedicated to cool air, and a separate 4 ton system just to heat the water for your hydronic loop (I'm guessing radiant floor?) makes some sense.
    I'm wondering if we are talking about the same thing. The de-supraheater I have is an option that was supposed to use surplus heat to provide domestic hotwater. At least that's what I understood. I also assumed that it would do this any time the pump was not busy heating or cooling the house

Again, the reason we have two systems is because we wanted hydronic heating throughout. However hardwood flooring does not like radiant floor heat and radiant floor systems are not suited for providing cooling thus the second system. Some vendors might have a single heat pump that can be split between the two methods; Climatemaster requires two separate pumps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskBob View Post
    I'm wondering if we are talking about the same thing. The de-supraheater I have is an option that was supposed to use surplus heat to provide domestic hotwater. At least that's what I understood. I also assumed that it would do this any time the pump was not busy heating or cooling the house
    Getting back to basics. Desuperheater is only a means to use the - waste heat - of a running compressor. A higher efficiency of the heat pump provides LESS waste heat. Google - desuperheater - to see other explanations and set-ups.
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in