Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 73

Thread: I WAS BANNED

  1. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    67,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Who said it had to be an open sticky?

    Just a link to opt out here
    So you don't think non pro members would be reporting a broken link. Or starting threads asking why they can't access the link the sticky links to.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    67,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    I am soooooo hankering for a doughnut now,,,, not sure why, but I am
    Hmm, maybe I'll turn the lights on and get to a doughnut shop quick. LOL
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,281
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    So you don't think non pro members would be reporting a broken link. Or starting threads asking why they can't access the link the sticky links to.
    Thinking mo simple here.....

    For those that wish to opt out of seeing/being able to post in either AOP area.... Pro or Regular member......

    Email here? or Post your request here?

    That way membership types have the option(s) to do as they wish for whatever reason they wish to do what they want to do in regards to the AOP areas

    That way I think would please some on the cell phones/those that do not wish to participate in AOP?

    Less assidents like us old folks have on occasion

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,281
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Hmm, maybe I'll turn the lights on and get to a doughnut shop quick. LOL
    Being all the questions about the topic figured it would be best to discuss here in the open

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lancaster PA
    Posts
    67,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Thinking mo simple here.....

    For those that wish to opt out of seeing/being able to post in either AOP area.... Pro or Regular member......

    Email here? or Post your request here?

    That way membership types have the option(s) to do as they wish for whatever reason they wish to do what they want to do in regards to the AOP areas

    That way I think would please some on the cell phones/those that do not wish to participate in AOP?

    Less assidents like us old folks have on occasion
    Might want to run that by Dad before you get others hopes up.
    Contractor locator map

    How-to-apply-for-Professional

    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    I am soooooo hankering for a doughnut now,,,, not sure why, but I am
    Name:  cop_eating_doughnut.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  198.2 KB

    Is this you?

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,281
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Might want to run that by Dad before you get others hopes up.
    Just placed the Batman beacon in the sky

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,281
    Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    Name:  cop_eating_doughnut.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  198.2 KB

    Is this you?
    Maybe?

  9. #48
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Just placed the Batman beacon in the sky
    The Pro members may opt out if they post their desire in the Pub thread. Guest will just have to actually read and follow the rules.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,281
    Thinking about the regular members (especially the long term ones)

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,164
    Are we talking about the same people who complain about certain TVs shows but continue to watch them? If a channel offends you, don't watch it. Have we really sunk to this level as a society we have to spoon feed people? I can't believe this is even being discussed.....

    Calgon, take me away!

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Thinking about the regular members (especially the long term ones)
    Isn't this a site for professionals?

    Professional Membership is easy enough to get. Go Pro, then opt out.

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,281
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Isn't this a site for professionals?

    Professional Membership is easy enough to get. Go Pro, then opt out.
    Why yes it is

    and I agree with you.....

    Just playing the devils advocate and trying to address all those that ask about this tis all...... and I would like to hope to think that when we sometimes do discuss things in the open/on a thread. That all know going forward that there is 10 kabillion more discussions such as this that go on behind the scenes that no one ever sees but us for the betterment of all... and that we do listen to our members

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event