+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I WAS BANNED

Post Likes

I WAS BANNED

To be honest, I probably deserved it. Then again, who is in charge here? I questioned GOD I guess in the AOP resi section. I thought I was here, in the resi tech section. My bad. A person stated incorrect information there about an attic fan, I questioned his information\stated my opinion, and I was banned for ten days. Are you flippin kidding me? Do you have any idea how much money I lost due to this banishment? Well, that is a lie..but I hope you get the point. Some here (like me I think) take things way to seriously. For example, "I could be sued for giving false information to a forum on the internet/ or.. my buisnes could be held responsible for your injuries from information I posted on a internet forum". Really? You really believe that? C'mon. Accuracy yes, but this site thinks "AOP only" states accurate information, when that is just plain not true. We all have been wrong, but I guess AOP is less wrong, or talks more BS/has more posts/ own a van/ etc. Bottom line, you will get banned for questioning their opinion in an AOP forum. I get it.

Terry, are the rules this strict now compared to the past or are some newer mod's with higher authority just getting carried away? Maybe a little of both???

I know, I'm probably banned for life now...grrr..

Post Likes
    The rules state to post in AOP you must be a professional with the plus marked next to your name. You cannot give information to people who are not professionals as this can lead to damage to their home and themselves and that can lead to lawsuit against Contracting Business. Get your professional and don't give out information that can get people hurt then you wont be breaking the rules.

THE ONLY PEOPLE allowed to REPLY in the Owner Assistance Forums will be a Pro Member with a * by their user title and the one who started the thread. No others may post a reply.

This area WILL be monitored by the AOP (Ask Our Pro's Committee). Be advised that the AOPC will have full authority over the Owner Assistance Forums. Warnings will be issued for those posting advice that are not approved to do so. Continued violations will result in infractions being issued along with more harsh action if warnings are not heeded.
    Professional Members. Before offering advice to guests seeking advice, PLEASE read the original post in its ENTIRETY from the beginning. This will help eliminate conflicting advice and avoid actions by the OP that could pose a danger to themselves, their property and others. Since quests are assumed to have limited knowledge and experience with their HVAC equipment, they may or may not use proper terminology when asking questions. Try to confirm exactly what TYPE (Forced air furnace, hp, boiler, natural gas, LP gas, fuel oil, etc.) of equipment they have as well as manufacturer, model, serial number etc.

Things to avoid:

-No getting into line voltage.
    -No meters.
    -No use of test instruments.
    -No working on energized line voltage except to verify plugged in or switches and breakers on.
    -No working on energized fuel lines except to verify fuel cock open.
    -Removal of access panels that may expose the OP to extreme hazards
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Post Likes
    You probably wont help your cause by openly critizing the mods like this. This post should at least be moved to a private area IMO.

Post Likes
    I think they got tired of deleating post from people over and over again in the AOP section. Been a lot of "banned" guest and non* pro memebers for doing the same thing. Bottom line is follow the rules and you wont go in time out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by riderman View Post
    To be honest, I probably deserved it. Then again, who is in charge here? I questioned GOD I guess in the AOP resi section. I thought I was here, in the resi tech section. My bad. A person stated incorrect information there about an attic fan, I questioned his information\stated my opinion, and I was banned for ten days. Are you flippin kidding me? Do you have any idea how much money I lost due to this banishment? Well, that is a lie..but I hope you get the point. Some here (like me I think) take things way to seriously. For example, "I could be sued for giving false information to a forum on the internet/ or.. my buisnes could be held responsible for your injuries from information I posted on a internet forum". Really? You really believe that? C'mon. Accuracy yes, but this site thinks "AOP only" states accurate information, when that is just plain not true. We all have been wrong, but I guess AOP is less wrong, or talks more BS/has more posts/ own a van/ etc. Bottom line, you will get banned for questioning their opinion in an AOP forum. I get it.

Terry, are the rules this strict now compared to the past or are some newer mod's with higher authority just getting carried away? Maybe a little of both???

I know, I'm probably banned for life now...grrr..
    DUH....

Who's in charge? Next question??

The AOP is working. It's either AOP or we stop answering questions. So, just how the heck to we answer questions? We have to have some form of rules. DUH... AOP rules. We've tried it with out rules, didn't work. Hundreds got banned for being smarta$$'s. Most came back with hat in hand.

Get your Pro Membership. Get your * or stay out of AOP. It's easy and that simple. The * means you promised to follow the AOP rules. Nothing more, nothing less.

And just for the record... Terry has nothing, zero, nada to do with the AOP or setting the rules here. He is a membership committee member. You've been here long enough to know. Ghezzzzzz

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    You probably wont help your cause by openly critizing the mods like this. This post should at least be moved to a private area IMO.
    Nope... let's leave it here. He b*tched via email to me @ admin when he got his 10 days and he is b*tching in the open forum when he returned. BTW... it takes three strikes to get 10 days and you get posted and PM warnings after each strike.

Dropping Terry's name is BS as well. I Admin this place. I take my committee members and moderators advice very seriously and normally go with their flow. We have an AOP committee that busted their butts for months making the AOP as simple as possible. I have letters from HO's thanking HTalk for the AOP system in place. It works. They used HTalk members to do the work. They are extremely happy.

Riderman is about to get a year off, maybe life if he blows hot air like this again.

UNREAL REALLY???

Post Likes
    rider:
    put your big boy pants on, read, comprehend & obey the RULES, they pertain to everyone.

apparently you didn't get BANNED, since you are posting again under the same username, you were given a timeout.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Even when a user is put on a short term "timeout" as you put it (I like that term, by the way) their user group shows up as "banned" so it would appear that they have been banned.

I'm not certain if the banned member receives a notification or not, honestly.

Post Likes
    I've had a vacation too it sucks but it's their site their rules. Sometimes I would comment and not no I was in AOP or just forget. I got my rights just so I dont have worry anymore.

Post Likes
    I used to get angry at a great many things. In the Big Picture, it just isn't worth it. Relax, follow the rules, and direct your focus to saving our nation.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Even when a user is put on a short term "timeout" as you put it (I like that term, by the way) their user group shows up as "banned" so it would appear that they have been banned.

I'm not certain if the banned member receives a notification or not, honestly.
    Been awhile but almost certain I received notification when I got my 3 spankings. Two were completely unjust btw

Post Likes
    Sh*t I was banned for a month, I was like f that place m f ers, but I broke the rules so who was I to *****

Post Likes
    Just checkin in to see if he got banned again.

Post Likes
    Why don't you just get you Pro membership and apply for aop, then it won't be an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Yes you get a Notice When your banned ( at least I did ) I accidently posted a reply in 1 of the RESTRICTED zones without realizing it .

Post Likes
    I lost track of where I was once and posted in AOP. Got a polite reminder PM and that was that.

Honestly, I visit give or take 6 home owners a day or sometimes I'm with one all day. I really don't need to be engaging more after hours on my own time - I need to be Asking Our Pros myself!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Why don't you just get you Pro membership and apply for aop, then it won't be an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't understand why a Professional in our trade who qualifies for pro membership, particularly one who claims to know a member of the Membership Committee, wouldn't BE a Professional Member on this site.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    Yes you get a Notice When your banned ( at least I did ) I accidently posted a reply in 1 of the RESTRICTED zones without realizing it .
    As was previously mentioned, it takes 3 posts to earn a 10 day time out.

You weren't give time off for a single post in AOP. Nobody has and nobody will.

Post Likes
    Im a professional and have no desire to submit to this AOP thing....lame I know, but thats my excuse.

I have also been slapped a few times in the past for unwittingly posting in this section. The MOD's know how I feel about AOP Im sure.

Post Likes
    Currently we have 123 pages of post tracking violations of posting in the AOP forums without approval. JP and I do a search to make sure that its the third violation, before we give someone points for posting in the AOP forums without approval.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in