Confused Can you convert a Hotshot A/C to R22 ?

Hi all,
    Long time lurker here & some of you guys/gals have great insight and have been doing this gig longer than I. I finnaly came across a pre-historic 40 ton double-duct / hot & cold deck, air-cooled built up system from i think the 1970's, it serves a big retail store..anyway it used to be R12 but someone converted it to "Hotshot". I was just wondering if any of you all ever converted out of Hotshot into something else like R22? I may need to replace the evaporator( it's around 40 yrs. old & may be leaking ) and condensor. I'd like to maybe keep the Hotshot because there is over 200lbs. of it in this system.

200 pounds of r22 would be expensive (as would a new evaporator and condenser). You would most likely need a different compressor and expansion valves too. Does the system work right now? Does the hot deck / cold deck work? What shape are the controls in? Is the system worth trying to restore, or might it be better to abandon it and start over with a rooftop unit or something else?

I figured new TEV's and some old control replacement for sure and I'll check with Carrier if the comp will work. System has a lot misc. unrelated breakdowns, like I said it's all very old. The decks do work. I'll try to restore the system because the flimsy roof can't handle much more than a spread out built-up system.

Actually right now hot shot is cheaper than r22!!