Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FX16

FX16

I am going to be getting into programming the FX line of controllers. Is it hard to program these controllers? Im going to be using an FX16. I have experience with programming and configuring the DX9100, UNT controllers with HVAC Pro, BACnet field controllers with CCT, and SCT.

Also, what is different about the FX40? I always see the FX20/60 being compared, but it seems like the FX40 is somehow different?

it like a dx9100 but with lon controllers rules. so if you program dx and a lon controller you should not have a problem with the fx16 or any fxs. they have all type of program made for ahu to vav made for you. only thing you would need to program would be chiller/boiler or one of a kind ahu.

The FX series controllers are pretty easy to work with - I think the previous poster pretty much nailed it. I've read on this board about some software issues, particularly with the LON interface, but I've had zero issues with N2 versions.

The FX40 is the (concurrent) predecessor of the FX20/60. It's in a hinged metal enclosure, requires 120Vac and comes with LON and BACnet (client) drivers. From a programming, set-up, end-user point of view there is no real difference.
    UA LU 562

Quote Originally Posted by carrier_jci_tac_tech View Post
    ... or one of a kind ahu.
    Are there any other kind?
    UA LU 562

i recently picked up a project that requires johnson controls. i've done honeywell for awhile and this is my first experience with johnson. just got fx builder and started programming a 16. seems pretty straight forward.

i have a few apps that i was trying to disect to see how the logic blocks work.

is there a pump lead/lag app or logic anywhere ? i can't seem to find it.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

I really like the N2 FX controllers. They are very easy to program. The LON FX controllers I do not like very much though.

Hey viceman, you've got mail.

hey reaper can you forward that to me also? thanks in advance

You've got mail.

Also, is there a way to simulate the program in FX Builder?

I wouldn't waste my time with the simulator. It's not very good. I just set up the controller on my test bench and run the application.

Yes, when you are on the "Control View" screen right click the controller and select the simulator.

This is where you find out that while programming, making connections to "Remote Value" and using "Effective Value" for AI and DI points is really handy.
    Last edited by DaveCR; 09-25-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: punctuation
    UA LU 562

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    I wouldn't waste my time with the simulator. It's not very good. I just set up the controller on my test bench and run the application.
    Have you tried the recent (last two or three versions) simulator? So far, I've seen no difference in simulated vs real operation.
    UA LU 562

No, I haven't tried it since the initial release. I got so frustrated with it, I built my own simulator. I'll have to give it another try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast