i was doing installs for a few months then my company put me on electical and that sh*t is f*cking me up i cant get the hang of it for nothing i didnt figure it would be so difficult to get...any one relate....i like electrical but its hard getting out of work everyday feeling like an idiot

[Edited by anthony noz on 09-07-2006 at 11:08 PM]

Stick with it, in a few years you will laugh about it.
    It may take blowing up a few transformers, capacitors, motors, compressors...but after you do it once, you won't do it again!! Trust me, after my fifth year and lots of blown up parts, and hours of bashing my head against the equipment, it came to me and I am a better tech for it, as most of the seasoned techs on this site will tell you. No one is perfect, matter 'o' fact I blew up a 460V single phase condenser fan motor (big bucks) two weeks ago, while jumping it out. I've got 14 years under my belt!! Got in a hurry and didn't pay attrition to what I was doing, put the purple wire where the yellow one went ...and BANG!!! no mo motor LOL
    After finding out our second born was also a boy, my wife asked "why are you sooooooo happy" to which I replied; "2 of those things are easier to keep up with than 20,000!"

Get some schematics and bone up on your sequence of operation for the various components and system types.

You can do this!

Did you go to school, or are you flying by the seat of your pants? The reason I am asking is that you sound like you are totally lost. I am still going to school and when I first started I was overwhelmed, but after a while you start to get the hang of it and it doesn't seem so hard. Just get some books and read and look at some wiring diagrams. After a while you will catch on.

Originally posted by anthony noz
    i was doing installs for a few months then my company put me on electical and that sh*t is f*cking me up
    Request in writing that you want training in electrical. This is something that you DON’T want to learn from the seat of your pants or from the school of hard knocks. It can kill you.

In the mean time go to the library and start reading.

yeah i did goo to school here in new york city apex techinical ...i appeciate your guys words its encouraging thanks

right, here! in the heartland of the homeland!

Anthony,,,

dont panic, or it gets worse working with electricity, and see if your school has a retake on the part you need help on, or to brush up on or didnt or cant figure out!
    respect it but dont get scared and shakey or panicky, it will just cause you to get electrocuted or wire things wrong, or even mis-diagnose,
    dont throw the instructions away read them, and dont get distracted doing it, and numer your wires or write your diagrams down before you pull any wires, make good work habits, and things will come into their place.
    keep everything in its perspective , if possible,,

Anthony
    Shoot me an e-mail. Address in profile.

Learn how to draw an "across the line" or "Ladder" Diagram. (depending on which term you like)

If you can trace wiring and draw a ladder Diagram, you will be able to see shorts before you throw the the switch.

Once you able to draw it, then actually wiring stuff is much easier.

Just what is it that is stumping you???

Get you one of these books. The second one is filled with enough info to help you diagnose electrical problems.
    Plus it deals with refrigeration problems too. Cost me $13.

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/scrip...=yes&category=

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/scrip...=yes&category=
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Chaard could you post the titles of those books? Thanks a ton.

Originally posted by tr23
    Chaard could you post the titles of those books? Thanks a ton.
    a/c repair guide G32-662, Gas heating repair guide G32-663,
    wiring simplified G32-272

Ihave the a/c repair guide. Very good book.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Thanks Chaard