just got a quote on A.S. & ameristar heat pumps both 13seer I am aware they are made by same manuf. $1300 diff. what am I not getting on the ameristar? and are they reliable?

The 6M is the same thing as the 6B and the Trane TWB. The top model is the 6A which has a slightly nicer cabinet, 10 year compressor & coil warranty and full compressor cover.

The Ameristar over the 6B which has the American Standard logo has some differences in perks such as co-op advertising, points towards trips for the dealer etc. That helps lower the cost to the dealer but means nothing to the homeowner.

There shouldn't be that much diff in price. Check out the bids carefully.

your not getting a sound blanket, a 5 year instead of a 10 year compressor/coil warranty & a different air handler
    go with the american standard over the ameristar if possible you will be happier long term . it will cost you, you get what you pay for.
    The Captain.

Cap, they are using the 1/2 compressor wrap on the 6M Ameristar as well as the 6B which is officially an American-Standard. Same thing they used on the old Allegiance 11. Doesn't help much though

last ameristar i bought had no wrap,that was late this spring.
    it does make it much quieter. the warranty & the better air handler are worth it.
    The Captain.

What's the Ameristar air handler model #?

Quote Originally Posted by machman25 View Post
    just got a quote on A.S. & ameristar heat pumps both 13seer I am aware they are made by same manuf. $1300 diff. what am I not getting on the ameristar? and are they reliable?
    Ameristar is made in China. I just realized this is an 7 year old post after I responded to the post