Thread: Mitsubishi ductless with very short lineset

Post Likes

Mitsubishi ductless with very short lineset

I recently installed a Mitsubishi MUH-09TW. This unit was not being used in one location and moved to another building. Prior to be moved there were no issues.

In the new location I mounted the condensing unit on brackets and ran the lines straight out through the wall. The lineset turned out being only about 3' long. I've read the specs on this unit and it doesn't mention anything about removing charge for a short lineset (total charge 2 lb 3 oz).

The unit's small (liquid?) line is frosting up from the king valve to a couple of coils in the evaporator. Supply air today was 71 degrees, outside temp is 82 dewpoint 72.

It doesn't seem to be cooling properly but short of reclaiming and recharging I'm not sure which direction to go.

Post Likes
    delete post please

Post Likes
    I would have a service tech recover the refrigerant pressure test the system pull a vacuum to at lest 300 microns and weight in a new charge

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in