Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    How many people is your health care system responsible for?

And would it be so efficient if 20 million Mexican citizens decided to jump on board without bothering to go through the proper channels ?
    Does the number of people the system is responsible for really matter as long as everyone pays?

Your state is bordering Mexico...why aren't you keeping them from border hopping? I would love to hear you complain less about Mexicans since your state at one time had the name Jose as the #1 name for a baby boy.

You are right though....that many illegals are detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Does the number of people the system is responsible for really matter as long as everyone pays?

Your state is bordering Mexico...why aren't you keeping them from border hopping? I would love to hear you complain less about Mexicans since your state at one time had the name Jose as the #1 name for a baby boy.

You are right though....that many illegals are detrimental.

I tell my representative and he goes off to Washington and nothing happens. Millions more creep in. And they're under educated, skilled for the most menial labor and what money they do earn the majority of it goes back to Mexico.

I mean the typical guy that stands outside the home depot looks like a retarded mongoloid. I hate to be like that but they all look like they have down syndrome.

Short, vacant stare with the intelligence of a push broom. They were never taught NOT TO STARE, that it's impolite. I'm surprised they were taught to use the bathroom properly.

Ive yelled at them before in Spanish ( yea I can speak some Spanish ) " QUE MIRAS !!!!?? "

And they just keep staring with no discernible change in facial expression.

The British have Indians, Punjabi and alike that are very intelligent and have good values towards family and educations.

We're winding up with these mongoloid looking halfwits.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    People living beyond their means...who wouldn't want fancy things...after all our entire media is based around wealthy people. Their fancy lifestyles are everywhere you turn...nothing at all wrong with being wealthy...but the only thing your poorest person dreams about is getting the 75,000 dollar car they saw on TV last night, so they accept money from someone offering them a loan at extreme interest rates even though they only make 7.50 an hour, just because they have paid their current bills on time. This to me spells trouble.

In my opinion the people giving out the loans are no different than the mob....I'll give ya this extremely unstable loan...but if you don't repay it in a timely manner I will take away every thing you own...basically your life.

Pretty much. We encouraged borrowing to artificially keep the economy running at a fast pace. It was pretty much a given that we should have a 8% return on our investments over time to retire so given the overhead in the investment world we had to keep the music going otherwise when everyone stops and looks for chairs to sit on we only notice there are only a few left. And we will do it again if we can till the next crash. And through it all where is the money going? We probably have the greatest concentration of wealth controlled by the fewest people since the world was ruled by kings and queens. And nobody is asking the question, where are we going?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

I think millions of people vote to maintain their benefits now days. That's why this race between Obambam and Romney is so close. Obama has done absolutely NOTHING to make this economy better. All he can do is create government jobs, put us deeper in debt, watch ESPN, play golf, and take rides on Air Force One. So, Romney should be ahead by 5-7 points, but he isn't. Where will that tipping point be where so many people are dependent on the U.S. government that the republican party is cease to exist?

Now my report from the street. A fellow moved into the Budget Suites Hotel here where I live right next to me. He is a union carpenter from Missouri. He is working on a new hospital in Keller, TX. He said it's mostly all Mexicans doing the construction down here, but in MO it is still mostly a lot of white guys. He said the quality of the work is not very good, and sometimes he even wonders if they know what the heck they are doing. So, IMHO it is american businessmen who want this cheap labor, and our federal government allows it to happen. All businessmen care about anymore is profits--not quality.

Tonight I was at the pool across the street. I got to talking with 2 ladies there from Oklahoma who live 1/2 mile from the Red River. They said it is so shallow now that you can walk across it. It used to be 20 feet deep--or more. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I think millions of people vote to maintain their benefits now days. That's why this race between Obambam and Romney is so close. Obama has done absolutely NOTHING to make this economy better. All he can do is create government jobs, put us deeper in debt, watch ESPN, play golf, and take rides on Air Force One. So, Romney should be ahead by 5-7 points, but he isn't. Where will that tipping point be where so many people are dependent on the U.S. government that the republican party is cease to exist?

Now my report from the street. A fellow moved into the Budget Suites Hotel here where I live right next to me. He is a union carpenter from Missouri. He is working on a new hospital in Keller, TX. He said it's mostly all Mexicans doing the construction down here, but in MO it is still mostly a lot of white guys. He said the quality of the work is not very good, and sometimes he even wonders if they know what the heck they are doing. So, IMHO it is american businessmen who want this cheap labor, and our federal government allows it to happen. All businessmen care about anymore is profits--not quality.

Tonight I was at the pool across the street. I got to talking with 2 ladies there from Oklahoma who live 1/2 mile from the Red River. They said it is so shallow now that you can walk across it. It used to be 20 feet deep--or more. That is all.
    I don't see it as a foregone conclusion the republican party will simply disappear. Political parties change over time. I am recalling recent headlines, some 100 million are on some sort of assistance, 1/3 the population. That may buy a lot of votes, but it is looking more and more that there is not going to be money to fund all of this stuff at some point. Austerity measures? There is another actual tipping point, the one at which the ridden cannot carry the weight of the rider. There is not an unlimited amount of money with which to continue buying votes.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I don't see it as a foregone conclusion the republican party will simply disappear. Political parties change over time. I am recalling recent headlines, some 100 million are on some sort of assistance, 1/3 the population. That may buy a lot of votes, but it is looking more and more that there is not going to be money to fund all of this stuff at some point. Austerity measures? There is another actual tipping point, the one at which the ridden cannot carry the weight of the rider. There is not an unlimited amount of money with which to continue buying votes.
    That is true--even though most don't believe it. But during the depression, wasn't Roosevelt elected like 4 times? During an economic collapse, people look to the government for solutions it would seem. That tends to favor the democrats. But, I wonder how it will all shake out. What do you think things will look like say in the year 2025?

When are you going to man up and realize people are redponsible for their actions ? People borrowed and spent way too much because they were idiots, not because they were "encouraged" to.

You make it sound like the evil corporqtions placed them in a hypnotic trance.

People are responsible for signing a loan contract with an arm. They're responsible for taking out second and third mortgages because they all of the sudden have equity out of no where because of the bubble.

This "eat the rich" menyallity is baseless rhetoric. I used to think liberals were just ignorant but Ive since changed my mind and come to the conclussion that its some strange pathology born from years of harboring negative emotions like hate, envy and fear.

The Republican party will continue to morph into a party that will more and more resemble the Tea Party. The more apparent the Democrats real message becomes the stronger the backlash will be.

The more the liberals proclaim it to be dead and gone the more it will grow.

The more damage liberals do to our economy and our Country the more tge Republican party will grow.

Its simple human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    When are you going to man up and realize people are redponsible for their actions ? People borrowed and spent way too much because they were idiots, not because they were "encouraged" to.

You make it sound like the evil corporqtions placed them in a hypnotic trance.

When do corporations take responsibility for their actions?

People are responsible for signing a loan contract with an arm. They're responsible for taking out second and third mortgages because they all of the sudden have equity out of no where because of the bubble.

This "eat the rich" menyallity is baseless rhetoric. I used to think liberals were just ignorant but Ive since changed my mind and come to the conclussion that its some strange pathology born from years of harboring negative emotions like hate, envy and fear.
    I don't think it is a "eat the rich" mentality so much as "when is it enough?" The same way the rw asks "how much tax is enough?" the 99% is asking "when is enough wealth enough?" I don't envy the wealthy I just want to know why they feel the need to accumulate so much - it is a mental illness - maybe they look at it as a game or maybe they are just insecure. When someone has enough wealth to provide for there needs and wants 10 times over with plenty to spare what makes them want more and more? This is the question we need to ask.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234