With so many Americans now dependent on government....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

With so many Americans now dependent on government....

Is the republican party finished? Are the majority just going to vote for government gifts (democrats) and ride it all the way down until America is 3rd world?

I have voted republican all my life, and I even voted for Pat Buchanan in 2000. I am radically right wing Christian conservative. BUT, does the republican party really connect with the middle class anymore? Aren't jobs going to continue to be offshored to Mexico and China, and aren't Mexicans and Asians going to continue to come to America to take the jobs that are here? Is that going to change under Romney? I don't think so, so why not vote for the freebies until the party is over? I mean isn't that the way a LOT of people in America must be thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Is the republican party finished? NO
    Are the majority just going to vote for government gifts (democrats) and ride it all the way down until America is 3rd world?
    That is what the LIBs want, that is their plan. If they can get enough on the dole, then NOBODY will vote to terminate the umbilical chord.
    I have voted republican all my life, and I even voted for Pat Buchanan in 2000. I am radically right wing Christian conservative. BUT, does the republican party really connect with the middle class anymore?
    Republicans have lost touch with the common folk, and are catering to the elite class of HAVEs/wealthy.
    Aren't jobs going to continue to be offshored to Mexico and China, and aren't Mexicans and Asians going to continue to come to America to take the jobs that are here? Is that going to change under Romney? The rest of us HOPE so, because OBAMA has destroyed hope.
    I don't think so, so why not vote for the freebies until the party is over? I mean isn't that the way a LOT of people in America must be thinking?
    Do NOT fall into the pit of "who cares, it makes no difference".
    It does make a difference. It has been COMPROMISE that got us into this mess, but it will take HARD LINE conservatives to get us out.
    Hold the course and continue to VOTE conservative!
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

What we need about now is a re-education of sorts that distinguishes between the makers and the takers. A lot of the democratic voting population came here for better opportunity in the workplace, not to simply consume our welfare. They are the ones that need to be told that they would be better off with less government(lower taxes) and less government regulation(more competition=lower consumer prices) and that they could improve their living condition even more if these things happened.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Is the republican party finished? Are the majority just going to vote for government gifts (democrats) and ride it all the way down until America is 3rd world?

I have voted republican all my life, and I even voted for Pat Buchanan in 2000. I am radically right wing Christian conservative. BUT, does the republican party really connect with the middle class anymore? Aren't jobs going to continue to be offshored to Mexico and China, and aren't Mexicans and Asians going to continue to come to America to take the jobs that are here? Is that going to change under Romney? I don't think so, so why not vote for the freebies until the party is over? I mean isn't that the way a LOT of people in America must be thinking?
    More and more People are dependent because the Democrats have done such a massive amount of damage to the economic foundation of the Country and to the American Family unit.

A worsening economy during the "summer of recovery"....( lol, they're so stupid) and the growing sentiment among people that it's hopeless and it should just be every man for himself until we hit bottom is the result of a pathetic leader who's lack of integrity and humility have even turned life Conservatives into apathetic liberals.

The Dems are not the party of "free stuff ". NOTHING is free. Our children , grandchildren and great grand children will be paying for our excess's.

In extra taxes and a sustained nightmare of a economy. It's nothing to be proud of.

The Democrats are doing this to maintain power. You see the more people they can ruin, the more spirits they can crush by not giving them economic alternatives other than welfare the more voters they can count. They blatantly tell lies about the other candidate and expect the American public to be stupid to know the difference.

Think for a second how fundamentally evil that is. The Democrat, Republican divide is approaching a new level of hatred where I think eventually it will spill into a new civil confrontation with the Countries existence being at stake.

Civil wars have started over less.

Governments get bigger, that is just what they do by nature. The very people who are interested in doing the 'governing' by definition want to govern other people's lives. Our system is set up where people vote for those contenders who wish to govern. Folks mostly vote for policies/people that favor them as a matter of self interest, just natural human behavior.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out where this is leading.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

The answer to me is simple and the law already exists. If you and I are business partners and you are a judge - you cannot rule on a case involving me or our business together. Why? Because to do so represents A Conflict Of Interest.

Simple, basic, existing law.

OK; so from now on, anyone who takes direct-payment non-salary money from the government in any form - cannot cast a vote, for the period of time they are receiving funds, and for one year following the conclusion of the payments.

All we need to do is to apply and enforce the existing conflict of interest laws.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

It is going to be increasingly difficult for the republicans to make the case that hard work, independnce, freedom to pursure you dreams, etc., is the American dream. Why? Thousands of jobs are being shipped out of this country each and every day to China and Mexico. And, thousands of Mexicans and Asians are coming each and every day to take the jobs that still do exist in America. America business would rather hire anybody but people born and raised in America. Republicans are just as much at fault for this as democrats. Republicans were the ones who signed the most recent free trade agreements with Panama, Korea and Columbia. The results will be thousands of middle class American jobs lost while the rich elite republicans get richer--and of course rich elite democrats. Ryan wants to get people off of welfare and into work, but where are the jobs? 50% of college graduates can't even find a job in their own field, and that even includes electrical & mechanical engineers now.

This makes it increasingly likely that folks will vote for government handouts and assistance, and thus vote for Obambam. No one is really talking about the root problem in middle class jobs and that is stopping the outflow of middle class jobs and the inflow of foreign workers.

In the Ft. Worth, TX area:

Mexicans mostly do the wiring of new houses and commerical buildings
    Mexicans mostly do the plumbing of new houses and commerical buildings
    Mexicans mostly do the carpentry work of new houses and commerical buildings
    Mexicans do ALL the concrete work of new houses and commercial buildings
    Mexicans do mostly all the roofing of new houses and commerical buildings
    Mexicans do ALL the brick laying of newh ouses and commerical buildings
    And when it comes to the HVAC work of new houses and commericla buildings.... Well, there are still a few native white guys left believe it or not.

I don't think that will pass the courts as constitutional. Great idea though.

Our founding fathers were working from scratch, they missed a lot of stuff.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

It is going to be increasingly difficult for the republicans to make the case that hard work, independnce, freedom to pursure you dreams, etc., is the American dream. Why? Thousands of jobs are being shipped out of this country each and every day to China and Mexico. And, thousands of Mexicans and Asians are coming each and every day to take the jobs that still do exist in America. America business would rather hire anybody but people born and raised in America. Republicans are just as much at fault for this as democrats. Republicans were the ones who signed the most recent free trade agreements with Panama, Korea and Columbia. The results will be thousands of middle class American jobs lost while the rich elite republicans get richer--and of course rich elite democrats. Ryan wants to get people off of welfare and into work, but where are the jobs? 50% of college graduates can't even find a job in their own field, and that even includes electrical & mechanical engineers now.

This makes it increasingly likely that folks will vote for government handouts and assistance, and thus vote for Obambam. No one is really talking about the root problem in middle class jobs and that is stopping the outflow of middle class jobs and the inflow of foreign workers.

And when it comes to the HVAC work of new houses and commericla buildings.... Well, there are still a few native white guys left believe it or not.

We also have an immigration problem, so I would not blame everything on mexicans. Maybe we can meet for lunch at El Fenix if you are on my side of the metro sometime. The illegals need to be deported, no court ruling, just deported. This is just a symptom of a larger problem.

exreo, are you sure about the citizenship of those workers, you know texas did belong to mexico at one time, and americans have become lazy for the most part because the government encourages poor decisions, have another baby we,ll give you more money a house and food, drop out of school dont worry we,ll give you money because you arent smart enough to read. emmigrants that come from other countries here had to work hard in most of them just to feed family so they have a good work ethic,me i got mine from my dad and my mom they got divorced when i was a baby, she worked hard all her life and still works as a nurse to give us a good home, my dad good give little or no support because he always wrorked minimum wage jobs because he never got past ninth grade and i swore i would not do that so i got an education and learned a skill so that i wouldnt have to struggle like they did and gave my kids a goodlife, and i have known people that just did enough to get by because they counted on that big tax "refund" at the first of the year money they didnt pay in it is their reward for not working hard to get a better job or education to make better money

HVAC work of new houses

We repair a lot of this mess. Business is good.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Oh Please!

The deal with the people coming into America is this: they are outworking you and you don't like it or even want to admit it.

The answer is simple: stop whining and *****ing and get out there and show them up; make them look incompetent, lead by example. Prove that you want it more than they want it. They are living the American Dream. They are, in fact; American Promise.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    The answer to me is simple and the law already exists. If you and I are business partners and you are a judge - you cannot rule on a case involving me or our business together. Why? Because to do so represents A Conflict Of Interest.

Simple, basic, existing law.

OK; so from now on, anyone who takes direct-payment non-salary money from the government in any form - cannot cast a vote, for the period of time they are receiving funds, and for one year following the conclusion of the payments.

All we need to do is to apply and enforce the existing conflict of interest laws.
    VERY interesting, I like the concept.
    I wish it were that simple to follow up, but to take the vote away from welfare people would incite a riot.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast