Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TRUE door seals

I've got them looking so much better, thanks everyone! I didn't have a heat gun with me like I thought I did, but I'll have one Monday. I've got maybe 24" left total of all the doors on this thing that isn't sealing. If I press on the face of the door they will get close enough to seal up so what I am thinking of doing is pushing the door in, GENTLY applying heat, and letting go of the door and let the seals pull themselves out.

That is if they don't stick themselves down the rest of the way over tomorrow. They are so close!

In my experience with True unit doors, the doors themselves are flimsy. With that said, the seals are only as good as the door. With little use the doors are bent and flex too much! Good luck with that job. I finally got a local company to fabricate some sturdy insulated doors which are still in place today.

Ahh! These things are so bowed out in the middle! I tried the heat gun, the dishwasher, reshimming the door, one just won't seal up. I think the other two will be ok.

I get the seals warm and it sticks right down like magic then after they cool they shrink back up. I even tried warming them a little too far and stretching them a little as a last resort. Works great for ten minutes.

Along with a seal that's not stretched and not replacing the doors how in the world are you supposed to work on these things?

The compressor was having a hard time starting I noticed. It'd try to kick over and stop. Try and stop. Eventually it rattled and clanged itself down to a soft rumble. Unit has been around for over ten years, used and abused, and there is no plan B if it goes down. IF I can convince them to get another what is a decent brand? We have traulsen and victory floating around, traulsens seem to give me no trouble whatsoever.

Do not be afraid to get a case book. Find a gasket that's alittle taller and have custom made. About same price and cheeper then a new box. I have had much better luck having gaskets made rather then getting the OEM, on older boxes.

I always use a hot water to soft it out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12