Oil boiler ****stall

I have this on pro forum but seems like it may be better here. My aunt took the pics of a house she might buy.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344647966.181040.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  48.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344648001.335459.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  44.8 KB
    Poor venting to say the least.

Tell her to wait until they have the fire-sale, she'll get it much cheaper.

I'm thinking I might have a nice side job.

Make `em lower the price so she can have the house re-sided and have a heating system properly installed.
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

The house is a bank repo so she had to bid on it. I told her assume the worst.

that looks like vinyl siding, clean that WM out and it'll be just fine. Oh, and clean that siding
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    that looks like vinyl siding, clean that WM out and it'll be just fine. Oh, and clean that siding
    That's my plan #1 if she don't want to switch to propane. I don't know if it's my area but oil is so expensive. I'd put a nice little 87% crown or something, no more soot outside and yearly cleanings. After seeing a few Mclains plugged I'm not to sure about them.

while I see the issues, a cleaning is the least of the issues.

looks side wall vented and no help, so never vent correctly.

yearly cleanings are not required if it is running/set up properly.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    That's my plan #1 if she don't want to switch to propane. I don't know if it's my area but oil is so expensive. I'd put a nice little 87% crown or something, no more soot outside and yearly cleanings. After seeing a few Mclains plugged I'm not to sure about them.
    As usually it's not the equipment, but the lack of proper installation. As far as price of the two fuels, no matter what it all comes down to btu's, many oil companies are getting into propane because it has a higher margin than oil now.

We were just talking about prices today, propane is 1.50ish per pound and oil is 3.00ish per pound. I prefer propane myself, it's cleaner and easyier.

Burnham makes a good oil boiler
    My old boss was excellent with oil he said the crowns arent that good as far as oil goes something with them sooting up to easy

W/M oil boiler

That W/M WGO series unit is a very good little boiler. Fairly efficient as well, IF IT IS INSTALLED AND CORRECTLY SET UP!!!! It does not look like it would take much more than some tlc, a few $$ worth of parts and perhaps some combustion analysis equipment and that thing would give decades of good service.