I have a brand new CAC installed in April, that hasnt been cooling properly, and just recently started leaking moisture into the secondary pan. It is a TRANE 5ton unit with Matching VS Blower Air handler. The ducting is all new, using flex. I will have installer at house 1 last time to try and properly get the unit working properly. I believe most of my issues are the ducting is way undersized. I have 1 18" return in the main hallway of the 1st floor, and 1 10" return in the hallway of the 2nd floor. I then have a total of 10 7" and 2 6"supplies. My house is a 1960 Farm ranch with r11 insulation in walls, but newly installed r40 blown in in the attic. The unit is noisy as hell, especially the 18" return. I am having issues keeping the 2nd floor cool. It has 3 7" supply feeding each bedroom, and a 6" in the hallway. Downstairs cools fine. I attached a few pics of the AH. On the right is the return with the 2 flex hookups. This to me looks WAY undersized to feed 2000cfm. What are my options? This will be his last chance before I hire another contractor. Please give some thoughts. Thanks

By yamvmax at 2012-08-10

By yamvmax at 2012-08-10