Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    I'm suprised that you need a 110k BTU furnace in a location where you need 3.5 tons of cooling. You'd need to be well north for that match.

+1 on 95%+

I'm partial to Carrier Equipment, but you need to have hte Performance series quoted. I also think you should alwasy price, good better and best. I'd alos price out a York Affinity modulating furnace and a Carrier Infinity both with 2 stage AC.
    Thanks. Will look into Affinity models

York is the major brand that we sell, so i'm probably biased. The TM9V is a really good furnace and I love the LX series of AC and heat pumps, much more than the York affinity. It is cheaper and I believe it's a better system. You can match the 14.5 Seer outdoor unit with variable speed motor and txv to achieve almost 16 Seer. I think with the 3 ton it will match to 16 Seer and the others are 15.6+. We have installed many like this and have had no problems... knock on wood

2300 sq ft 1992 home shouldn't need a big furnace. Above average number of windows, maybe a 80,000 95plus% furnace.

On the coldest days, did your current 114,000 80% have to run 24/7 to keep your house warm? or did it cycle on and off.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    2300 sq ft 1992 home shouldn't need a big furnace. Above average number of windows, maybe a 80,000 95plus% furnace.

On the coldest days, did your current 114,000 80% have to run 24/7 to keep your house warm? or did it cycle on and off.
    Current furnace cycles on and off with what seems to be a normal frequency. Never had an issue with lack of heat or inability to maintain temp.

Quote Originally Posted by arthur59 View Post
    Current furnace cycles on and off with what seems to be a normal frequency. Never had an issue with lack of heat or inability to maintain temp.
    Your current furnace has a rated output of 91,200 BTUs. So you don't need a 100,000 BTU 97% furnace. You probably do need a proper load calc done to find out what size you really need.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by arthur59 View Post
    What is "normal"?

Were your Jan. gas bills close to $400 in a colder winter (last year doesn't count)? IF not, 114k is oversized.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12