Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just trying to be polite don't you know. Trying to end my posts on a positive note. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    To accuse a former great President of the US of cannibalism, perversion and debauchery with no evidence other than your thoughts is extremely foul and IMO reflects negatively on your soul, personality and sanity corny.

Do you have any friends or do you keep your outrageous opinions to yourself outside of ARP? Thank you, thank you very much
    As far as Jefferson and the early citizens of this great nation I use more evidence and proof than david barton....of course that is pretty easy because even most christians dont believe that fool.

My more outrageous opinions are for the net only. While I will discuss the savage history of our ancestors or long ago in the real world... stuff like "slave beef" is reserved only for the net.

Have a glorious day Glenn.
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Corny why are you always knocking great or famous Americans from the past with unproven and false acusations. That really gets my goat. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    As far as Jefferson and the early citizens of this great nation I use more evidence and proof than david barton....of course that is pretty easy because even most christians dont believe that fool.

My more outrageous opinions are for the net only. While I will discuss the savage history of our ancestors or long ago in the real world... stuff like "slave beef" is reserved only for the net.

Have a glorious day Glenn.
    Yeah well by posting false and unproven accusations (link) you sure aren't winning any friends or influences people here corny. And of course the dead can't sue for slander but I sure wish their descendants could. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Corny why are you always knocking great or famous Americans from the past with unproven and false acusations. That really gets my goat. Thank you very much

You answered your own question Glenn.....

I have run across a vast number of people who trash Barton as one of the worst trustworthy sources of historical information on America. Yet, not one of them has been able to provide solid provable evidence showing just how incredibly and sinfully wrong he and is research is. But, I hear lots of mocking and moaning. But no facts.

i hope everyone reads this thread and learns how much resentment the Left has for guys like Jefferson.
    Jefferson might have been the greatest architect of freedom this country has ever known.

failed attempts to condemn our founders for the problems of their day, when our time is worse.

you ignore the fact that many people found flaws in the Hemings story, including myself ,who started posting opposing views almost the same week the big profit making book came out.

people aren't banning Barton because his facts are false, they are banning him because they are trying to control history.
    personally, i have posted countless flaws on these forums about the garbage that our modern society tells people.
    it just burns you up that Barton has some credentials.

a bunch of ivy league fruit cakes banned together to attack Barton?
    what value does that have?
    ...that and 85 cents will buy you a Coke

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    I have run across a vast number of people who trash Barton as one of the worst trustworthy sources of historical information on America. Yet, not one of them has been able to provide solid provable evidence showing just how incredibly and sinfully wrong he and is research is. But, I hear lots of mocking and moaning. But no facts.
    But at the same time you trust Bartons "research" which is not based on facts.

We know quite a bit about Jefferson, Hemings and their kids from historians.... true historians......unbiased historians......

Hey Doodle.... they quit selling his book because it was full of holes and not based on any legitimate research but his own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    i hope everyone reads this thread and learns how much resentment the Left has for guys like Jefferson.
    Jefferson might have been the greatest architect of freedom this country has ever known.

failed attempts to condemn our founders for the problems of their day, when our time is worse.

you ignore the fact that many people found flaws in the Hemings story, including myself ,who started posting opposing views almost the same week the big profit making book came out.

people aren't banning Barton because his facts are false, they are banning him because they are trying to control history.
    personally, i have posted countless flaws on these forums about the garbage that our modern society tells people.
    it just burns you up that Barton has some credentials.

a bunch of ivy league fruit cakes banned together to attack Barton?
    what value does that have?
    ...that and 85 cents will buy you a Coke
    Jefferson was indeed a great american president but he was not without his warts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_removal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_of_Tears

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Removal_Act

I cannot say whether or not he was plowing his slave[s] but he sure was plowing some indians. These indians were not just little brown guys running around with bows and arrows hunting deer, they had proper homes, farms, schools, and churches. Jefferson plowed them real good. Sent them to a hell on earth we now call Oklahoma. Basically uninhabitable, if one is stubborn enough or stupid enough, or forced to, he can live there. Not to offend any Okies reading this, Okies are basically nice people. But. And I do not find it unbelievable that Jefferson was plowing his slave. Those were much different times, different ideas than we have today.

Thanks to corny for the plowing substitute.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    If you read Jeffersons letters and documents that he wrote and compare them to what Barton has written....that Barton attributes to Jefferson you will see that Barton has decieved a lot of people.

What evidence has Barton provided that Jefferson is not the father ???

answer..... none.

We will never know for sure that Jefferson had relations with that slave gal and that he fathered children with her but there is far more cirumstantial evidence out there that he did than evidence that he didnt.

Hemings and her children were all light skinned....very light skinned..... they all passed as white.

Jefferson dna says it was a male jefferson who knocked up hemmings......

Jefferson only freed a half dozen or so slaves in his lifetime...... 2 of them...both Hemings boys were freed when they were 21.....and out of the rest all but one were Hemings.

It was rumored during the time that Jefferson had knocked up Sally.

Bartons only "proof" is that the dna test proved that it was "A" jefferson that knocked her up and not conclusively old tom jefferson that did the deed.

So... we dont have conclusive proof that he did it....... but we do have more proof that he did than he didnt.

Plus... like I stated earlier....... Bartons first book on Jefferson is full of holes and the evidence to point this out is in Jeffersons own writings which Barton altered misquoted or failed to mention in their completeness.

So... known and proven liar has no evidence that Jefferson isnt the father of slave babies......or a boatload of circumstantial evidence that he was......

Barton has dishonored Jefferson and dishonored his standing as a christian.

I bet Sally could make old tom bark like a dog when she would skake that groove thang in front of him.....

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I bet Sally could make old tom bark like a dog when she would skake that groove thang in front of him.....
    Or purr like a kitten. The big TJ was probably one studly dude with with many diverse interests.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast