Thread: Trane Estimate

Trane Estimate

I just received an estimate to replace the a/c and furnace in my Townhouse, here are the components...

TUD2B060A9362A -- Tran XL80 2-Stage
    4TTB3030E1000A -- 2.5 Ton Trane XB13 Condenser
    4FXCB036AC3CAA -- 3 Ton Trane XB Series Cased Coil

I can verify the first item on Trane's website, but when I search the 2nd item, I find that it is an American Standard...
    the Trane item is #4TTB3030E... Does this make sense? The contractor appears on the up and up, but I'm concerned they are selling me one thing and will install another. The 3rd item I can't find anywhere.

I feel I got a fairly good price on this system, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I'd could expect a significant
    difference in price (ie, $ and up) if I were to get a quote on a comparable Rheem system. I know I can schedule another estimate, but this is a rental unit and I'm under time constraints... so if I knew I shouldn't expect much savings, then I'll just go with the Trane.

Thanks

Tom
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-10-2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: price difference

I believe your numbers are incorrect.
    Your F on the coil is a "T"
    AHRICertificate.pdf
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Trane and American Std are the same company. EX: TUD2Bo60 for trane, AUD2B060 for American std. Not sure but I think the coils and comp units carry the same model numbers. 4* means refrigerant 410A. Just question the contractor, I'm sure it will be OK
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    I believe your numbers are incorrect.
    Your F on the coil is a "T"
    AHRICertificate.pdf
    Thanks... I'll check with him tomorrow.

Thanks for the responses...

Does anyone have a thought on whether it's worth getting an estimate on the Rheem?

Rheem is solid equipment, often underrated and overlooked.

Going back to the Trane quote, if not going with a var speed furnace, you might look at the XT80 furnace with the high eff blower.

And you could also get a competitive quote from Trane's sister company, American Standard.

IMO
    Good Luck!

Id definitely get an estimate on a Rheem. Once the Trane is out of warranty be prepared to be raped for replacement parts.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdunes View Post
    Rheem is solid equipment, often underrated and overlooked.

Going back to the Trane quote, if not going with a var speed furnace, you might look at the XT80 furnace with the high eff blower.

And you could also get a competitive quote from Trane's sister company, American Standard.

IMO
    Good Luck!

My Original quote was for the XR80, but there are problems in the townhouse with the upstairs getting significantly hotter than
    the downstairs. All the contractors that gave an estimate said a 2-stage would help that problem. And they all said that since this is a rental unit, they wouldn't invest in a VS. The contractor I'm going with gave me the 2-stage for $250 more than the 1-stage, so I went with it... hope it wasn't a mistake.