Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So its warranty and your not sure if it was like this before you worked on it ? How about some air temps, dry/ wet and if its new you should have a charge chart. Some conditions are going to give you a high super heat what's you Target subcool , what's you temp split on the coil?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

10 degrees sub cooling and I'm at 12 ( bumped it a bit to see if anything change) temp difference is 13 to 14 across coil (return to supply)

It's not the compressor, not the reversing valve and you tried a new TXV. Try running the subcooling up 3 or 4 more degrees. If that doesn't do anything, slow the blower, or restrict the airflow some and see what happens.

what is your superheat? sounds like everything is working normal. a bleeding reversing valve in cooling would create a high discharge superheat. what is your discharge superheat?

from over here you could have return air being drawn in from attic which is causing high superheat or too much airflow. could also have a restriction in your suction line.

I'd put a tap on the compressor discharge line, and I be I would see what w wrong then.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Did you check supply air temp at furnace or look at the stat? I'm with the guy who said you might be pulling attic air. If that's not it you might pull the bulb on the TXV and see if that changes your superheat. Trane has had a lot of TXV failures.

80# suction with a 72 line temp would be 24 degree superheat. Your not that far off. Did you leave it running? might look better after the house cools off.

the valves rarely go bad. its 99% of the time the powerhead. Most of the time its not the valve at all its the filter drier restricted which acts like a bad txv.

Changed reversing valve today and pressures still the same but gradually started to cool very slowly took house 2.5 hrs to drop 6 degrees . Improvement but weird on how suction temp started high and took a while to get sweat back on line. Gonna do a recheck tomorrow am

Changed rv valve and filter drier today. Some improvent at last

Quote Originally Posted by klokmiloco View Post
    Changed reversing valve today and pressures still the same but gradually started to cool very slowly took house 2.5 hrs to drop 6 degrees . Improvement but weird on how suction temp started high and took a while to get sweat back on line. Gonna do a recheck tomorrow am
    6 degrees in 2 1/2 hours is actually pretty good. You just may not be able to maintain proper superheat till you get some heat out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by klokmiloco View Post
    Changed reversing valve today and pressures still the same but gradually started to cool very slowly
    Thank goodness. You were running out of parts to swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturatedpsi View Post
    Thank goodness. You were running out of parts to swap.
    Now that was funny.
    I'm curious if you're indoor coil was aluminum. They seem to have a longer balance time when indoor temps are high.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast