Reversing valve or what?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reversing valve or what?

Hey guys I have a system that's driving me crazy I have what you could call perfect pressures but only 72 degrees suction line temp. Unit pumps down with no problem ,no ristrictions. So I'm already at a new txv and new compressor and same problem. Unit still under warranty. Only thing I can think is reversing valve bleeding ! It's not noisy or stuck

If the reversing valve is bleeding by then your suction will get warmer after the valve and the hot gas will get cooler after the valve. Do you have that or did you check.

About 5 degree difference on suction didn't check hot gas side. But if I manually revese from cool to heat and wait a bit and reverse it again it starts to cool for about 10 seconds but once it stabilizes back to cooling it won't drop from 72 average suction line temp

what is perfect pressures and what is your superheat and subcooling?

Subcoolig at 12 low side 79/80 ( 84 inside house). High side 245/250 , evaporator coil gets completely wet when panels on a/h is opened to check coil behavior. (no signs or behavior of restrictions )

Quote Originally Posted by FixItRight View Post
    If the reversing valve is bleeding by then your suction will get warmer after the valve and the hot gas will get cooler after the valve. Do you have that or did you check.
    The delta between hot gas in and hot gas out will not increase.

Gonna tackle it again tomorrow to see what is temp difference at R V on hot gas , thanks
    If I run itin heat the out door coil suction one won't get cold. There for its same behavior for indoor and outdoor coil. It's a Trane heat pump.

Quote Originally Posted by klokmiloco View Post
    Subcoolig at 12 low side 79/80 ( 84 inside house). High side 245/250 , evaporator coil gets completely wet when panels on a/h is opened to check coil behavior. (no signs or behavior of restrictions )
    Measure suction line temp at the evaporator outlet. The TXV controls superheat at that point, not at the compressor inlet.

Quote Originally Posted by klokmiloco View Post
    Gonna tackle it again tomorrow to see what is temp difference at R V on hot gas , thanks
    If I run itin heat the out door coil suction one won't get cold. There for its same behavior for indoor and outdoor coil. It's a Trane heat pump.
    You'll be spinning your wheels. It's only the temp rise on the cold lines in and out that you need to measure. Bypassing will not cause a temperature difference across the hot lines in and out. If you pour a beer into a lake, does the can fill up with lake water? Thats an analogy. In any case, it isn't the reversing valve. When a reversing valve is bypassing suction pressure runs higher than normal. Your suction pressure is normal.

Was the LLFD changed out when any of the other parts were changed?

This is R22?
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Yeah r22 new filter drier new txv new compressor , same behavior with both coil if reversed from heat to cool condenser coil won't cool in heating and evap coil in cool. No ristrictions

Wow. judging by your first post sir. You should call trane tech support before you replace anymore parts. Make sure your check valves are seating properly and hopefully you changed the dryer. Why again was the compressor changed

Old compressor every once in a while would trip breaker on start up, new compressor works excellent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast