Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    I use to have a Robinair 6 CFM. I hated the thing. I suggest you buy a more reliable vacuum pump. It is expensive but you will get your moneys worth. Buy the Appion TEZ8 and the MegaFlow Speed kit.
    how about running a piece of tubing all the way to the stratosphere? the best vacuum pumps are free and highly reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    how about running a piece of tubing all the way to the stratosphere? the best vacuum pumps are free and highly reliable.
    Wouldn't work.

You would have no suction at all on the bottom of that tube.

I find that free is a German word for doesn't work and will make your day a living hell.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Vac pump oil breaks down because of contaminants, heat, etc.. You're not helping your pump by using it to pull nitrogen out.. Also, the rotary vanes aren't supposed to be exposed to positive pressure.. Let your nitrogen blow before starting pump, you wont be introducing contaminants.. I used to abuse my pumps and learned that if you show it some love it'll return the favor , in the form of making a job much less stressful..

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Wouldn't work.

You would have no suction at all on the bottom of that tube.
    I tried once and got down to 500 microns in 2 minutes and 55 seconds, dont need no super duper mighty vacuum thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by ndk1911 View Post
    Vac pump oil breaks down because of contaminants, heat, etc.. You're not helping your pump by using it to pull nitrogen out.. Also, the rotary vanes aren't supposed to be exposed to positive pressure.. Let your nitrogen blow before starting pump, you wont be introducing contaminants.. I used to abuse my pumps and learned that if you show it some love it'll return the favor , in the form of making a job much less stressful..
    15-20# tops.,and I tease the valves at first, I don't whip them wide open from the get go.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

steal there tools .....lol
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Actually there are a few devices you can attach to your vacuum pump that will actually allow your pump to " give you love ".

You just won't find them at johnson supply.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    It would work as well as sticking a 1000' pipe into the ocean and expecting water to come gushing out at the top. After all, the pressure gets higher at depth right? It works the same way with air. It just takes more distance to develop the same pressure gradient since air weighs nowhere near as much as water.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123