Anyone own Fieldpiece HS36??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    West Hartford, Connecticut, United States

Anyone own Fieldpiece HS36??

just purchased a Fieldpiece HS36 anyone ever use one? own one?

what sold me was the interchangeable heads. anyone have any experience using the extra heads? manometer, CO testing kit, vacuum gauge, ect.... how are they?

pro's? con's? hows does this compare to the fluke equivalent?

I use one. Only head I've used is the amp clamp, it works fine. I prefer dedicated guages for everything.

My daily driver also. Only use the amp clamp, and the temperature head. Good meter!
    Living the dream !!

Only heads I'm planning on purchasing is the dual manometer, co detector, and also the pipe temp clamp.

You guys have good luck with the meters so far though?

I bought one last summer but I dont trust the damn thing. It always reads voltage on the screen even when not present but it does beep when there is actually voltage there. Im not sure if this is normal with this meter but my old meter never did that so I have a hard time trusting it. I mostly just use it with the amp head because of that issue and it works great for that.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoolair View Post
    I bought one last summer but I dont trust the damn thing. It always reads voltage on the screen even when not present but it does beep when there is actually voltage there. Im not sure if this is normal with this meter but my old meter never did that so I have a hard time trusting it. I mostly just use it with the amp head because of that issue and it works great for that.
    Its kinda iffy on the voltages. I was testing a 24v transformer, the hs36 said it had 42v... Grabbed my regular fluke tester... 0 volts.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

mine is very similar when testing low or high voltage. On high voltage it will read high enough to make me nervous. I meant to call fieldpiece when I first got it but it was summer and I was busy so its too late now. If yours does that then maybe they are all just that way. Ive always liked fieldpiece but I dont like this meter.

Did I mention it sucks when you're in a hot attic and you cant trust your meter?

I was looking into this meter too and now I may just stick with the old fluke. Never steered me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dcoolair View Post
    I have the same issue with mine. I very rarely use it.

So should I return this meter and go with a fluke then??

Quote Originally Posted by RunninTrane View Post
    I use it for the head attachments, but there are other fieldpiece data loggers and such that can be used for the heads.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RunninTrane View Post

If using the voltage function is important to you then yes. Have you checked to see if yours does the same thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast