+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beacon 1 control board

Post Likes

Beacon 1 control board

Had this issue last Firday
    Walk in freezer ( " converted" to walk in cooler) with Beacon 1 set up. came in and found case at 60* going off on hi temp alarm.
    Find coil iced up with about 2" thick ice on back and inside. Go to put into manual defrost and it defrosts for about 8 minutes, fans off no heaters.
    Check relay and no 24dc to coil to cut heaters on.

I ended up de icing the coil, and installing a paragon time clock in the condesor breaking the contactor to defrost. Cleared the defrost times out of the smart control in the mgrs office. and now it is a regular WIC air defrost and no more issues

Has anyone found or seen a reason that the control isnt sending control voltage to the relay?

Post Likes
    Yeah, It's a beacon LOL Did you ohm out all your sensors in an ice bath? If I remember correctly 32000 ohm's +/- 10%. I have converted all my beacon 1 units to conventional systems when the boards go bad. Easier and less headaches than upgrading to a beacon 2. Heatcraft can give you that info or I can see if I can find the pdf
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    We have converted 12 in the last 2 year's. Wish we could just go around and do them all.

Sent from my amazing 4G device

Post Likes
    The beacon 1 are junk. But to answer your questions 2sac, yes i did ohm out the sensors, one of the first things i do on any beacon system. They were all ok. And I got the pdf from heatcraft last year sometime about the conversion.

Post Likes
    Ke2 therm makes a replacement/retrofit kit for beacon 1. I have done two now and have been very pleased. It is less than half the cost of upgradeing to beacon 2.

Post Likes
    I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the KE2Therm controller.
    In an infinite universe, not only are all things possible, all things are necessary

Post Likes
    i haven't heard/seen the ke2 and would be interested learning about it. it might be a feasible option for all the B1 systems we have out there

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in