+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fieldpiece SC53

Post Likes

Fieldpiece SC53

I just bought a new sc53 clamp meter i like all the features it has. i have noticed an issue with it and i am trying to figure out if it is a problem or just the way this brand works. when mesuring mfd it takes about 3 to 4 seconds for it to show a reading. i had same result reading low voltage. no problems with high voltage.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tlp7 View Post
    I just bought a new sc53 clamp meter i like all the features it has. i have noticed an issue with it and i am trying to figure out if it is a problem or just the way this brand works. when mesuring mfd it takes about 3 to 4 seconds for it to show a reading. i had same result reading low voltage. no problems with high voltage.
    It usually takes about 2 seconds. It's an auto ranging meter so it takes a second or two to get into the correct range and display the reading. The Pro of the SC53 is the price at around $100 and the Con is that it does take slightly longer for it to display. Our higher end meters such as the SC54 ($149) and SC57 ($269) are faster. If it really is taking 4 solid seconds you may have an issue and you can call Fieldpiece at 714 634 1844 and we'll arrange a repair or replace.

Post Likes
    Then that explains why it hung up when i went from hi voltage to low. when i removed the lead and put it back on the low voltage it read it correct and fast. as far as price i got a good deal on it at johnstone then .it is on sale till the end of the month.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in