I ordered a 3.5-5 ton Goodman TXV

I ordered a 3.5-5 ton Goodman TXV

I have the same senario with the exact same P/N condenser and a Goodman 3.5 ton ARUF air handler. The system is cooling, pressures look good, but cannot satisfy below 79 degrees in the heat of the day (central Florida, summer). I just ordered a Goodman 3-5 ton TXV kit. Did the TXV resolve your issue?

you should have a txv to match the outdoor unit (capacity and refrigerant type)

Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    you should have a txv to match the outdoor unit (capacity and refrigerant type)
    Great, I ordered a 3.5-5 ton Goodman TXV for R-22 based on advise from another more experienced tech. The outdoor unit is a 3 ton R-22 unit. What will be the outcome of using this 3.5-5 ton TXV?

Quote Originally Posted by jroper630 View Post
    Great, I ordered a 3.5-5 ton Goodman TXV for R-22 based on advise from another more experienced tech. The outdoor unit is a 3 ton R-22 unit. What will be the outcome of using this 3.5-5 ton TXV?
    It might overfeed the evaporator. It might not. If you install it and don't check superheat or subcooling, you'll never know if it is or not.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by jroper630 View Post
    I don't know goodman usually there is a txv that does a variety of sizes like 1.5-3 ton then it steps up to another txv that does 3.5-4 and then another that does 5. just as an example. So if you are using the next size up from what you need, it might overfeed. It is hard to tell what the outcome will be with mix matched units

Made this its own thread. You are not allowed to post in other peoples threads, in the AOP forums. please read our site rules, thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

On the Goodmana's some of the txv's need to be adjusted . It does take some time and effort

the outcome is not good.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted