Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    "Spineless McCain"..............nice. You wish you were that brave.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    the whole concept of "democracy", since it's origins in Greece, depended on educated voting.
    that's how we ended up with a land owner (because they had education), one-vote-per-family (mostly male) voting system.
    the idea that any brainwashed dullard should cast a vote is actually undemocratic.
    there's nothing wrong with a votign test, it should be at least as simple as the DMV
    I like it.

Considering the immigrants who come to both our countries have to pass a citizenship test and language test before getting their full citizenship.

Or we could go the route illustrated in the novel Starship Troopers; in order to vote to must complete some form of civil service or military service.

It still doesn't solve the problem of having good people running for office!

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Considering that some of you believe that either of those two would make a difference in how our goverment will rob us, shows that some of you would flunk if I gave the test.

I still think that either Ron Paul or Gary Johnson would be a blessing for our country.

Roy
    Roy,

Glad to see that you are paying attention.

Either Ron or Gary would offer something different than the downhill slide we have been in for the past 50 years.

But the common sense of people dictates that the worst candidate will always get elected.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

Where is Obama's millions?

To OP: Stupidity is the key element of a Democratic victory. Sad,so sad. That said, we can't even get a photo ID vote. A competency test is fantasy land.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

I was referring to his political career. His military service is beyond reproach but he must have left his backbone in Hanoi. Since entering politics, he as proven to be unable/ unwilling to take a strong position but rather ride to fence attempting to be all things to all people. There is no such thing. This country is divided between those who have through efforts and those who hire politicians to do their stealing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    I was referring to his political career. His military service is beyond reproach but he must have left his backbone in Hanoi. Since entering politics, he as proven to be unable/ unwilling to take a strong position but rather ride to fence attempting to be all things to all people. There is no such thing. This country is divided between those who have through efforts and those who hire politicians to do their stealing for them.
    He left his spine in a rice paddy...... As soon as the nva had him in their clutches it is believed he cracked on the spot.

He got the name steak and salad mccain from his prisoner of war years and it was some of his fellow prisoners who gave him that moniker based on the fact that he had a dry warm cell with actual bedding and was actually fed food for his meals instead of sleeping on cold damp concrete with no covers and eating moldy rice...with maybe some raw rat meat thrown in like the rest of the prisoners.

I will say this though..... I dont hold this against McCain......too much. While it troubles me that this coward came home some kind of hero and the truth of his stay in hanoi has been scrubbed whitewashed and sanitized by the government..... We just dont know for sure how we are going to react when faced with the same circumstances that McCain and the other prisoners faced.

We dont know if we would have took the abuse and horror like many did....or if we would just crack like McCain......only under the threat of bad treatment.

He was a good soldier up until his capture and cracking..... he deserves credit for that.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Have a hard time with coward and McCain in the same sentence..........
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    He left his spine in a rice paddy...... As soon as the nva had him in their clutches it is believed he cracked on the spot.

He got the name steak and salad mccain from his prisoner of war years and it was some of his fellow prisoners who gave him that moniker based on the fact that he had a dry warm cell with actual bedding and was actually fed food for his meals instead of sleeping on cold damp concrete with no covers and eating moldy rice...with maybe some raw rat meat thrown in like the rest of the prisoners.

I will say this though..... I dont hold this against McCain......too much. While it troubles me that this coward came home some kind of hero and the truth of his stay in hanoi has been scrubbed whitewashed and sanitized by the government..... We just dont know for sure how we are going to react when faced with the same circumstances that McCain and the other prisoners faced.

We dont know if we would have took the abuse and horror like many did....or if we would just crack like McCain......only under the threat of bad treatment.

He was a good soldier up until his capture and cracking..... he deserves credit for that.
    OK corny show us just one link where it is claimed that McCain cracked while a POW or stop talking trash about his military career. He was never refereed to as "Steak and Salad McCain".

Show we one link where he was anything but heroic under torture by the commies. He could have gone home early if he had cooperated with the commies but he didn't. Stop trashing Americans who sacrificed their lives and health defending their country and honor.

Have you ever served or been in a war? If not then don't make up stories by real Americans. For the record I don't like McCain the "moderate" Republican but McCain the pilot who fought honorable for our country. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Everyone gets 1 vote just because

Those who own property get one more vote

Those who actually work and PAY taxes get another vote

Thus those who pay the tab and have a vested interest in the country have a greater say in electing their reps.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    Have a hard time with coward and McCain in the same sentence..........
    I called him "spineless"--not coward. Not the same thing. Also, I used the present tense--not past tense. He *was* incredibly brave, patriotic and loyal to his country. What I am saying is, he lost his nerve in politics. He backed down from Obama before the fight began. He has backed down from fights in the Senate for years while his adversaries don't give an inch. He claimed to be a convervative but leaned Left always a pacifist. People don't want to elect someone who's not willing to back down from a fight. What he was and what he is are two completely distinct things. He had a chance to save this country from communism more than anything he did in Hanoi and he dropped the ball. Sad legacy. I voted for him but was betrayed. You will be hard pressed to find someone who loves his country more than me DNA. Unlike most politicians, I stand my ground for my beliefs including American exceptionalism and greatness. Peace brother.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    I called him "spineless"--not coward. Not the same thing. Also, I used the present tense--not past tense. He *was* incredibly brave, patriotic and loyal to his country. What I am saying is, he lost his nerve in politics. He backed down from Obama before the fight began. He has backed down from fights in the Senate for years while his adversaries don't give an inch. He claimed to be a convervative but leaned Left always a pacifist. People don't want to elect someone who's not willing to back down from a fight. What he was and what he is are two completely distinct things. He had a chance to save this country from communism more than anything he did in Hanoi and he dropped the ball. Sad legacy. I voted for him but was betrayed. You will be hard pressed to find someone who loves his country more than me DNA. Unlike most politicians, I stand my ground for my beliefs including American exceptionalism and greatness. Peace brother.

I believe it was me that used the term coward to describe McCain.... But I too dont believe he was a cowardly soldier.... that is until he was on the ground in vietnam facing a squad of nva and gawking vietnamese farmers looking him in the eye.

And of course....to pacify glenn...... I wasnt there..... and Im only getting my information from an old web page that I remember from years ago.

Steak and Salad McCain........ you just cant make that stuff up.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I would like to agree with you -

I would like to agree with you, and I like Ron Paul quite a lot. But he would have the same problem in DC as have Obama and Carter before him - the good old boys would cut him off at the knees - no matter what it took to do it. Ron Paul would not be a success unless he played-ball and that necessity of compromise would doom his accurate thinking agenda.

What we need is a serious house-cleaning in DC. And once we grow a pair of cast iron national balls we will have one - but until then we are going to be muddling along with the same old horsepoop on our boots keeping from walking proud.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Considering that some of you believe that either of those two would make a difference in how our goverment will rob us, shows that some of you would flunk if I gave the test.

I still think that either Ron Paul or Gary Johnson would be a blessing for our country.

Roy
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast