Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 57
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,206

    People should have to take a test before they are allowed to vote.

    The Obama ad is so full of shiat.

    Obama approved this ad that says Romney paid less in taxes than you did. Such BS.

    That would be his 14% to my 20%. It's the Warren Buffet/secretary comparison all over again.

    How stupid does the POTUS think we are.
    Well apparently there are a lot of stupid people that will fall for this and end up voting for Obama.

    Romney needs to starting fighting back. Hard.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Urbandale IA. USA
    Posts
    4,925
    I wonder what percentage OBAMA paid?
    The libs seem to be throwing percentages around and leaving out the actual dollar amounts.....
    .
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,179
    So, let me understand Obama's position on Romney: A guy who has wealth decides to invest it rather than sit on it collecting interest. This investment creates new jobs for not just those employed but the allied and ancillary businesses affected by their commerce. He takes those proceeds and does it again, kinda' like flipping houses. In each case, he creates jobs and increases GDP. He pays more total tax dollars into the public coffers as do all those employed by him or who sell him goods and services for each new enterprise, thus growing the economy.
    Now, being a smart, savvy businessman, he hires (spelled 'jobs') accountants to do his taxes to use the LEGALLY PROVIDED DEDUCTIONS AND LOOPHOLES PROVIDED BY CONGRESSS to reduce the taxes he pays in because it leaves more money for him to re-invest, WHICH IS WHY THE DEDUCTIONS. So, he takes advantage of a program in the way Congress offered it, it works, he greats more jobs, more GDP, more taxes get paid into the coffers by him, direct employees, allied empoyees and their attending businessess and for all this he is villified???

    Meanwhile, Obama has created nothing new of value, destroyed private businesses, sent people home without a job or their medical benefits, massively increased the amount of tax users while massively reducing the total tax revenue and his only solution to balance this equation is to rape those left who still hold a few bucks and take their money before they do something stupid and selfish like invest it in a venture that might create more jobs and GDP.

    Either Romney takes off the gloves and lays Obama out cold or he's done. This should be the biggest slam dunk election in history but Romney being politically correct will lose it just as it did for that spineless McCain.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,059
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    So, let me understand Obama's position on Romney: A guy who has wealth decides to invest it rather than sit on it collecting interest. This investment creates new jobs for not just those employed but the allied and ancillary businesses affected by their commerce. He takes those proceeds and does it again, kinda' like flipping houses. In each case, he creates jobs and increases GDP. He pays more total tax dollars into the public coffers as do all those employed by him or who sell him goods and services for each new enterprise, thus growing the economy.
    Now, being a smart, savvy businessman, he hires (spelled 'jobs') accountants to do his taxes to use the LEGALLY PROVIDED DEDUCTIONS AND LOOPHOLES PROVIDED BY CONGRESSS to reduce the taxes he pays in because it leaves more money for him to re-invest, WHICH IS WHY THE DEDUCTIONS. So, he takes advantage of a program in the way Congress offered it, it works, he greats more jobs, more GDP, more taxes get paid into the coffers by him, direct employees, allied empoyees and their attending businessess and for all this he is villified???

    Meanwhile, Obama has created nothing new of value, destroyed private businesses, sent people home without a job or their medical benefits, massively increased the amount of tax users while massively reducing the total tax revenue and his only solution to balance this equation is to rape those left who still hold a few bucks and take their money before they do something stupid and selfish like invest it in a venture that might create more jobs and GDP.

    Either Romney takes off the gloves and lays Obama out cold or he's done. This should be the biggest slam dunk election in history but Romney being politically correct will lose it just as it did for that spineless McCain.
    GREAT post!

    Sooner or later, we need to look at the simple reality that govt CANNOT make life riskless and easy. We have to WORK for a living, and there will be hard and unpredictable times. Just LIFE.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,773
    It would have to be one extremely simple test or else you would have about 10 percent of the population voting while the rest whined and complained that knowing how to spell correctly and being able to multiply numbers has nothing to do with voting for president
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,059
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    It would have to be one extremely simple test or else you would have about 10 percent of the population voting while the rest whined and complained that knowing how to spell correctly and being able to multiply numbers has nothing to do with voting for president
    And IMO if the whiners do not understand why spelling and arithmetic is important to voting... well then they really SHOULD NOT vote.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,583
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    It would have to be one extremely simple test or else you would have about 10 percent of the population voting while the rest whined and complained that knowing how to spell correctly and being able to multiply numbers has nothing to do with voting for president
    Well corny if you are that stupid you shouldn't be allowed to drive much less vote. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,583
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well corny if you are that stupid you shouldn't be allowed to drive much less vote. Thank you, thank you very much
    For the record my post above was met to refer to those who are that stupid and not to you corny. We disagree but I don't think you are stupid nor would I care to slander you in any way and doubly so since I haven't ever seen you slander me. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LSD (lower slower Delaware)
    Posts
    21
    A test to determine who gets to vote -- now that sounds like something straight out of the Commie's playbook!

    But I know the OP was just exaggerating to make a point....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,468
    Another thought would be that you should have to pay taxes in order to determine what the tax rate etc. will be. If you are sitting around all day, waiting on your check, watching MSNBC, and not paying any income tax, why should you help determine what I will be paying? Dear Leader says we all need skin in the game. Half of his "followers" I'd bet don't have any.....Gotta pay to play.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,374
    Considering that some of you believe that either of those two would make a difference in how our goverment will rob us, shows that some of you would flunk if I gave the test.

    I still think that either Ron Paul or Gary Johnson would be a blessing for our country.

    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,059
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Another thought would be that you should have to pay taxes in order to determine what the tax rate etc. will be. If you are sitting around all day, waiting on your check, watching MSNBC, and not paying any income tax, why should you help determine what I will be paying? Dear Leader says we all need skin in the game. Half of his "followers" I'd bet don't have any.....Gotta pay to play.
    I like this!!!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,630
    the whole concept of "democracy", since it's origins in Greece, depended on educated voting.
    that's how we ended up with a land owner (because they had education), one-vote-per-family (mostly male) voting system.
    the idea that any brainwashed dullard should cast a vote is actually undemocratic.
    there's nothing wrong with a votign test, it should be at least as simple as the DMV

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event