Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Drill

I'm using a Dewalt 20 volt Max with lithium ion batteries. The impact and regular drill are both great.

Quote Originally Posted by gmb View Post
    The Milwaukee m12 set are great. I keep the impact one in my bag, it's small and has lots of power for its size
    I love my Milwaukee m 18 set. I got it on sale for 199.99

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

Quote Originally Posted by NY2GA01 View Post
    I love my Milwaukee m 18 set. I got it on sale for 199.99

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051
    I've got the larger set, with Sawzall and flashlight. It's awesome. The impact never leaves my side. The sawzall and hammer drill are fantastic for installs and plumbing work. Surprisingly, the flashlight is pretty useful too.

Good information here. I use a Dewalt 12v Max in my tool bag, but I am in need of upgrading my bigger drills/drivers. That Makita sounds nice and there is a promotion going on.

http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/...BareTools2012/

I've never been much for the cordless saws, but you can bet I've never turned one down when I'm too far away from power. That might be an option there as well.............There I go rambling I know a few guys who use the Bosch, Milwaukee and Hitachi 12 volt drivers. They all seem to like them. The 12v Max is just what I picked up. I like it.

I just myself a cool kit for a good price at HD its a ridgid combo kit it says its 129.99 but i got it on sale for $97(only reason i bought it) cool flash light and the drill fits comfortably in my veto bag. Cant wait to use it.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridg...l-light/953451
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

Guess I'm odd man out, I use the Craftsman C3 line with the 19.2v Li-ion batteries. I just recently picked up a 2.5gal wet/dry vac that runs on the 19.2v batteries that works fairly good, I've used it to clear drain lines and pans. Plus its kind of nice that you don't have to drag out a cord for small clean up jobs.

But I've had the DeWalt and Milwalkee in the past, and never was really impressed with them. Plus now I've got so many of the Craftsman C3 tools, it would be too expensive me to switch to anything else right now.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaladin View Post
    Guess I'm odd man out, I use the Craftsman C3 line with the 19.2v Li-ion batteries. I just recently picked up a 2.5gal wet/dry vac that runs on the 19.2v batteries that works fairly good, I've used it to clear drain lines and pans. Plus its kind of nice that you don't have to drag out a cord for small clean up jobs.

But I've had the DeWalt and Milwalkee in the past, and never was really impressed with them. Plus now I've got so many of the Craftsman C3 tools, it would be too expensive me to switch to anything else right now.
    I have nothing bad to say about the craftsman line of power tools.

I had their 14.4v impact before I bought the Milwaukee and there was nothing wrong with it other than weight.

I gave it to an apprentice and, to my knowledge, it is still in use.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoke View Post
    I love my Milwaukee 2401-22, It's the best purchase I've made in a while. Battery life is very good and it's a powerful little tool.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00
    +1

I've owned the Milwaukee for about 2 years and still going strong. Fits in my Veto LC. I just purchased the impact, when I need some serious muscle.
    Hvac Maniac

"A negative attitude cancels out positive skills."

I saw at Home Depot Ridgid has a little 12v drill im considering getting. Slowly starting to acquire more and more Ridgid tools can't beat their quality

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    Used to have the 12v Makita and finally plain wore them out. Went up to an 18v kit and wouldnt trade them for anything. I like that I can use the big Li batteries for the drill and like to use the small ones for my impact. Have the bolt on belt clips for both. Dont ever see myself changing to anything else.
    Also use the 18v kit for the past 5 years. Very happy with torque, battery life and charge time (less than an hour). Wouldn't trade for anything.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by rufus819 View Post
    I saw at Home Depot Ridgid has a little 12v drill im considering getting. Slowly starting to acquire more and more Ridgid tools can't beat their quality
    http://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridg...l-light/953451
    Is this the drill you are thinking of getting. Ive used it a few times now and its great. it fits around corners and its light enough to carry in my bag and the flashlight! wow that darn little thing is soo Bleeping bright! (warning: dont stare into the lens when its on)
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

I have a craftsman nextec 12v impact gun that is small lite and works pretty good for feild work. The price is great too, I think i paid under 100 dollars for the drill charger and a battery with a canvas bag.

that is the Ridgid I was talking about. For the price it seems like its hard to turn down

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast