Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Drill

New Drill

Hey guys,
    I am looking at getting a new drill. I already run a DeWalt XRP 18V for anything major. I am looking to get something small that will easily fit in my Veto Pro Pac to take up on a roof to remove panels and such.

I have looked at the Milwakee M12 set and I do like the size.

Does anyone have any recommendations about anything out there? I would like to hear good and bad reviews.

Thanks
    Follow me @blankscole

Company started switching us to the small Bosch impactors. Those things are slick. Good power, battery, and light for roof traveling. Many of the guys were using a 36 volt for service work. Our purchasing guy got them for a deal but they are too big!! They were dubbed the nuclear drills and most were traded in for the impactors. Downside is: they are not fans of the cold keep the batteries warm. They lose charge quickly. Also new stuff is not as aquatic as the old!

Rigid battery powered right angle tool kit. You can interchange impact, drill, hammer, or multi-tool heads with same power pack. You'll love having a right angle drive.

The Milwaukee m12 set are great. I keep the impact one in my bag, it's small and has lots of power for its size

I recently switched to makita 18v small , lite , and more then enough power and the battery last forever on the little impact brushless motors are a plus as well

I still have the Dewalt 7.2V power screwdriver in my VETO, along with a spare battery. More than adequate for cabinet screws. For 'real' work, I have the black/white Makita LiOn 18V pair. The B&W pair are lighter (easier on my older wrists), and have plenty of power to do basic things. Once in a while, I get out the old NiCad DeWalt 18V... and be careful with my wrists. Any major work (like boring a hole in a brick or block wall for a PVC pipe), out comes the Makita hammer-drill which is corded.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I really like the Makita 12 volt impact for panel work, nice and small, power for days...just get off the trigger after the first couple of taps going back in.

How about this. Price is good. Don't know if the size of the drill is good enough for you.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/7800...bo-kit-lct209w

Quote Originally Posted by mofotech View Post
    How about this. Price is good. Don't know if the size of the drill is good enough for you.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/7800...bo-kit-lct209w
    I have not seen that set at HD... did not know it was made. I like the 18V B&W Makita's... all the drill I need for most HVAC work. The one in your link may be a nice replacement for that DeWalt 7.2 screwdriver I have now... would be smaller and lighter... and the batt would probably last longer. The drill may not get much use, but for $90 bucks it is a buy.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I love my Makita 18v cordless combo kit, I think the guy who stole the first one out of my van liked his too lol. It has drill, impact, Sawzall, skillsaw, and flashlight. Impacts are great for service, screws that a drill will snap an impact takes them out easy.

Used to have the 12v Makita and finally plain wore them out. Went up to an 18v kit and wouldnt trade them for anything. I like that I can use the big Li batteries for the drill and like to use the small ones for my impact. Have the bolt on belt clips for both. Dont ever see myself changing to anything else.

I love my Milwaukee 2401-22, It's the best purchase I've made in a while. Battery life is very good and it's a powerful little tool.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00
    A people who would exchange liberty for apparent safety, will deserve neither and lose both.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast