+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pro tools

Post Likes

Pro tools

Ran into this on facebook and boy... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

Post Likes
    Is that a un-cased, trashed revcovery unit or a homemade wannabe cheapo, whats with the pretencious nerd tool case. My 19 y/o hvac student neighbor has way better equipment.

Post Likes
    To me it looks like a reach-in condensing unit being used as a vacuum pump or recovery machine. The freon tank in ice boggles my mind though. Why would you use ice? Unless he has a regular tank modified to recover. It sounds illegal that's for sure.

Post Likes
    Yep thats a small condensing unit being used as a recovery machine and a r22 jug that has apparently had the check valve removed somehow.

Hes got 3 different FB sites and boasts that they proudly use leak sealer. Briefcase toolbag. What a douche

Post Likes
    Good eye AR! I had all of his 3 pages reported for copying and pasting one of my articles which was grabbed from my blog. This is after repeated comments I left on him to remove my article.

Post Likes
    That is an old black handle refrigerant bottle, it never had a check valve in it.

In addition to the illegal recovery machine, he could get hit with a very hefty fine if he gets caught transporting that refrigerant bottle on public roads.

Post Likes
    Lol.
    Look at the other pictures man.

Got a leak detector thats gotta be older than me. Hope he doesn't walk up on a 410a system.

"we can find, and fix ALMOST any leak". Dork.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    lol, i just posted on that goons wall. what a hack.

Post Likes
    Someone should turn him in, free 10K right there. Irrefutable evidence on his facebook page. What a moron.

Post Likes
    I think BaldLoonie is in his area
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Post Likes
    Note the brand he installs... a high priced Goo-man.

I caught the recovery machine and tank also... hope it does not go 'boom' on him... and hurt someone else.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I doubt highly with tools like that he is Installing anything more than a Tstat

Post Likes
    Back when recovery first started, we made half a dozen of those "recovery" machines out of old Coca-Cola vending machine condensing units....The local distributor let us have all of them we wanted from their boneyard.

It sure beat paying what the supply houses were getting for those ridiculous RRU30 POS jokes.

We also took old refrigerant bottles that had the check valves, and drilled holes in them, and silver-soldered fittings into them to use for "out and back" recovery jobs.

Nowadays, machines are good, and reasonably priced....and most supply houses have plenty of "real" recovery bottles at reasonable prices as well....but go back about 15 years, and it was a joke....stupid money for junk.....so, some of us found ways to get by.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    Yep thats a small condensing unit being used as a recovery machine and a r22 jug that has apparently had the check valve removed somehow.

Hes got 3 different FB sites and boasts that they proudly use leak sealer. Briefcase toolbag. What a douche
    What's wrong with his tool case? Dad carried one like that for years.....It's a Veto bag with a metal case....jeesh....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    The man seems to think a lot of himself too, lots of pictures of himself as he holds the camera at arms length.
    A people who would exchange liberty for apparent safety, will deserve neither and lose both.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post

We also took old refrigerant bottles that had the check valves, and drilled holes in them, and silver-soldered fittings into them to use for "out and back" recovery jobs.
    I do a lot of work an hour and a half away from a parts house that even knows what a recovery tank is, much less has one in stock. While I have what I need in the way of tanks if I ever get in a pinch this little trick might come in handy.

Post Likes
    Wow, pro tool for sure.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SBres22 View Post
    lol, i just posted on that goons wall. what a hack.
    I saw that post. The idiot actually liked it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by albowrx View Post
    I saw that post. The idiot actually liked it.
    I also liked it LOL

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    Back when recovery first started, we made half a dozen of those "recovery" machines out of old Coca-Cola vending machine condensing units....The local distributor let us have all of them we wanted from their boneyard.

It sure beat paying what the supply houses were getting for those ridiculous RRU30 POS jokes.

Nowadays, machines are good, and reasonably priced....and most supply houses have plenty of "real" recovery bottles at reasonable prices as well....but go back about 15 years, and it was a joke....stupid money for junk.....so, some of us found ways to get by.
    I remember those days John. Things have come a long way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in