Carrier Infinity Quotation

It seems like a well protected secret as to the pricing on HVAC systems, breaking down cost and labor. I am displaced from my primary residence since Friday, and have been out of work since end of March 2012.

Is it reasonable to question the cost of a system breakdown.

We are upgrading from a comfort maker 10 seer (3 Ton) that has had over 6 repairs including compressor, fan blad, caps, and TXV value. The outdoor unit finally blew for good, oil leaked out of the condensor coil and such. So we move on. builders grade system to a Carrier 15 Seer infinity with FV air handler with variable air speed control, and a thermidistat controller?

I have gotten two estimates: One for a bryant system and one for a carrier system.

This is the details of the carrier system, Additionally the unit will have 2 new ducts ran to the room over the garage and a front bedroom that has two exterior walls.

Carrier Model Numbers for the 15 Seer System:Condensing Unit: 25HNB542A003, Air Handler: FV4CNB006, Thermostat: TP-PRH-A -

$$$$$$ including tax, install cerification, and code inspections. Reputable dealer

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Bryant System, not quiete the same but still has FV airhandler and variable air speed / humidity control. (Non-Evolution) Its the standard bryant heatpump / 15 seer.

$$$$$$, all labor work the same, no certifications code inspections etc. (installed by licensed installer / tech though for carrier / bryant)

I am signing a contract this evening as we have been outside house since last Friday night.

These are proposals in Coastal NC,

I am greatly dissaponted the rebates expired July. Timing sucks on this deal. This is my first and more than likely last home I will purchase, Have lived in house for 10 years. Of course both systems have 10 year parts, 1 yr labor. and system from carrier has 1 year maintainence contract , 2 visits. I knew about 3 years ago this system was on its way out, Just not great quality.

15 seer should be nice improvement from 10seer, and we stepped up to 3.5 ton vs. 3 ton. We do have a 3 zone system. House is approximately 10 years old and its about 1800 sq ft. give take 10-20.

My wife and I fight between 68 and 72. Peace arrives around 70ish.
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 08-08-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Pricing Removed

im sorry, by standard heat pump i was referring to the legacy HP / 15 seer bryant condensor, and the FV variable speed air handler combo.

Bryant
    > -215BNA042000. Condenser
    > -FV4CNF005T00 Air Handler (FV)

Thread relocated to the AOP (Ask Our Pro) section.

Pricing has been removed, please read the sites rules regarding....

It's not really an infinity/evolution system unless you get the controller and infinity/evolution airhandler or furnace.

If its the legacy line, I would rather have the preferred like the 225B its a nicer unit to go with the FV airhandler and edge thermostat.