What magnehelic gauge should I get?

I do residential service work and need a magnehelic gauge to check system static and if possible use it to test gas pressure. Right now I am using a feildpiece meter but would like to try something different. I'm under the impression that I may need 2 different gauges for static and gas pressure correct? There are so many different models I want to get the right one for what I do.

Or a Dwyer Digital manometer..
    http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Pr...eters/Digital/

The case is all aluminum. I think its SS tips to hook your hoses to.

I own the Testo 510 and when the time comes im going to give Dwyer a shot. I thought Dwyer was made in USA but cant seem to find that info on the website.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Or a Dwyer Digital manometer..
    http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Pr...eters/Digital/

The case is all aluminum. I think its SS tips to hook your hoses to.

I own the Testo 510 and when the time comes im going to give Dwyer a shot. I thought Dwyer was made in USA but cant seem to find that info on the website.
    I used to have the Dwyer and now have the Testo 510. I would never go back to the Dwyer, it is not nearly as sensitive. You could have pressure increasing and the dwyer would kind of stick on one number and then if the pressure increased more and more it would finally make a large jump. A few other guys had them at work, and they all acted the same. The Testo is much more responsive.

I wouldn't waste money on the Dwyer if I was you.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I used to have the Dwyer and now have the Testo 510. I would never go back to the Dwyer, it is not nearly as sensitive. You could have pressure increasing and the dwyer would kind of stick on one number and then if the pressure increased more and more it would finally make a large jump. A few other guys had them at work, and they all acted the same. The Testo is much more responsive.

I wouldn't waste money on the Dwyer if I was you.
    LOL thats interesting. What was the range of the dwyer you owned? The testo is +/- 40" w.c.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

I can't remember for sure, I think it only went + or - 30"w.c.

I checked out the link you posted, and they all look different than the one I had, mine had 6 buttons but otherwise looked the same. Maybe they have improved them.

Testo 510 all the way. Very compact, light, durable, magnetic, accurate. Dwyer Mags. can must be level and are notorious for losing calibration beyond repair. You can fit about 8 Testo 510s in the same space as one Mag. You'll love the magnetic case when setting gas pressures with a tee and second hose.

We have about 12 guys with the TESTO 510 and no problems.
    I have the Dwyer from about 15 years ago and would buy again.
    luck dan

I vote for Testo 510

I have a Testo 510 and keep it in my bag. I still keep my old Mag on my truck because it is nice to have a analog gauge if you are getting a valve fluttering or pressure switches pulsating, sometimes it's easier to see. Or I could just be sentimental, my mag has been with me since the beginning.

I hope you guys aren't mad at me but I went with my instructors advice and got the dual port UEI. He said some of the earlier models of the testo were not that great, I don't think he had used them recently. My account had been locked out b/c of email issues so I was not able to post questions regarding the UEI vs. the testo. I think it cost me 135.00 seemed like a fair price for a decent tool.

I am sure it will serve you well

That's a good start, most of the COD techs at our company use the UEI monometer and the phoenix meter