Willful Ignorance

"The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Its a good read, rather predictable I must admit though Roy.

It would be nice to break out and feel true freedom. Our system (construct) for the working man is not designed for that. Rather, it is a rich mans playground as they are the ones able to exercise freedom such as devoting time without worry to music, writing, fine arts, philosophy, travel, etc.
    The working man is tied down to a mortgage, a marriage, kids, etc. and constantly chasing the buck....until death. These are the societal norms imposed upon us from birth....the same norms that keep us in bondage so we literally pose little to no threat to the construct (system)

Birth, school, work, death.

There are other constructs such as religion. This is to bestow guilt upon the sheep and to prevent the poor from killing the rich.

If one is born with wealth or reaches a point in life where their money is working for them, then the world is your playground.

I am not ignorant as to what is happening around me or how the real world works. Im just too poor to do anything about it and I have also created my own prison (so to speak) by having a business, kids, wife, mortgage etc. I am left to finding my happiness in the microcosm in which I have created around myself....and I do for the most part.

True freedom to me would mean no responsibility to anything or anyone, and having a never ending source of money to support this freedom.

Sorry if I digressed
    Last edited by coolwhip; 08-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Birth, school, work, death.

Classic: