Thread: jerry cutter

does anyone have a jerry cutter, do you like it ?
    http://www.thejerrycutter.com/
    The Captain.

For some reason I was a bit dissapointed to not see some guy laying down there with his Jerry curl getting cut off lol.

I've used a cutter similar (home built, and on a bench) and it worked awesome. Doesn't seem like one would be hard to build from a dolly and a few spare parts laying around. Be sure to go buy a new pizza cutter, ya might get in trouble if you steal the one from home.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Does the blonde come with it?

Looks like a nice tool- I saw one at the AHR show. Problem is, it is something else to lug around in the truck and drag out to the job.

If I am insulating, I usually do it on the floor anyways. Most of the jobs I have done would not warrant the time saved from the cutter because the amount of duct insulated is small.

They could make it better by having a measuring roller built in.
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. It's unwise to pay too little.
    When you pay too much, you lose a little money -- that is all. When you pay too little, you may lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot -- it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin

Be sure to go buy a new pizza cutter, ya might get in trouble if you steal the one from home.
    I used to have the same problem with steak knives... They make real good flex duct cutters... Until they where all gone... then I started pocketing them from resturants... It turned into an obsession...

(not really, but that sounded good.)