Thread: Goodman Heat Pump fan will not stop

Post Likes

Goodman Heat Pump fan will not stop

I have a new Goodman GPH1430 package heat pump. The problem I am having is the fan runs continually in a/c setting once the compressor starts and ends its cycle. I can push the thermostat all the way up and it will stop. I can move the setting back to where I want it and it stays off until the the thermostat warms up and starts up the compressor. The fan will start first like it should and run with the compressor but it should shut off 65 sec after the compressor stops but it does not. It will continue 24/7 unless I push the thermostat back up or turn off the system?

Post Likes
    I would call whoever installed it, and ask them to fix it.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

Post Likes
    Agree with oldroc, you need to call company who put this in and have it looked at. Something is not right here. How old is system and when was the last time it was serviced?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    Agree with oldroc, you need to call company who put this in and have it looked at. Something is not right here. How old is system and when was the last time it was serviced?
    It is brand new - Installed 5 days ago. I installed it - replaced a Frigidaire unit of the same size. Wired it to the old thermostat. Other than the fan not turning off it is working good - the compressor cycles just right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss12 View Post
    It is brand new - Installed 5 days ago. I installed it - replaced a Frigidaire unit of the same size. Wired it to the old thermostat. Other than the fan not turning off it is working good - the compressor cycles just right.
    I think that your installer made a mistake, then.

We don't offer DIY advice here. If you're a Professional in the trade, then get your post count up and apply for Professional membership and we can continue this on the "other" side in private.

If not, good luck.

Post Likes
    something is not installed, programmed or running correctly.

Call installing company, or if you did it yourself as it reads in your post, reread the install manuals to help find the issue.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in