Quote Originally Posted by newlyn View Post
I have a few estimates for replacing my oil boiler and need soem help choosing. The two I am most seriously considering are comparable in price. One is for a Bryant BW4 and the other is Weil McLain WGO4. (I also had an estimate for a Peerless but I don't have the model handy.) Which one should I go with and why?

Are there other reasonably price oil boilers I should consider? I think Buderus and higher end units are probably out of the price range I am willing to pay, but feel free to try to convice me otherwise.

Thanks for the advice.
The Bryant boiler is actually a EW Empire II Water Series Boiler made by Dunkirk. It's a great boiler. So is the Weil Mclain. The Peerless is most likely a WBV/WV series boiler. Hopefully the boiler you purchase will be fired by a Riello burner. Buderus is a good system too. But I aggree they are overpriced. I installed a Baisi boiler in my home, with a Riello burner and phase III indirect water heater. The trick is to try and have a system installed that fires on demand rather than one that maintains temperature. It will save you on stand by loss. Another very important point is to have a heat loss calculation preformed so that you don't by a system that is bigger than you need.