Post Likes
    Does any know what the warranty is for a Nordyne evaporator coil? I'm looking for both labor and the part?

I thought it was 1 year labor, 5 years for the part. Is this correct?

Post Likes
    More complicated than that. Other than Maytag, the labor warranty comes from the dealer unless an extended warranty is involved. 1 year is typical. On parts, depends upon what brand it is sold with. Parts warranty varies by which name the product is from 5 years as a Gibson to 8 years as a Westinghouse, Frigidaire or Tappan to 10 years as a Maytag.

Post Likes
    This was a coil replacement in a Trane air handler. It was installed in April of this year and it appears I'm having a leaking issue.

Post Likes
    Then it should be under warranty by the installing dealer parts & labor.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by topaz
    This was a coil replacement in a Trane air handler. It was installed in April of this year and it appears I'm having a leaking issue.

In the case you described above my guess would be one year, but I can't write that in stone but being a replacement coil it's really hard to say, but you can probably bet the labor was only one year.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Post Likes
    Are you saying that they put a Nordyne coil in a Trane air handler?

Post Likes
    Yes, but I had to pay a transition fee to make the coil fit where the old coil was.

Post Likes
    Sniff sniff sniff Me thinks me smells a home warranty company involved somewhere

Post Likes
    Yep - you guessed it.

So the only warranty I have is either through the Home Warranty Company or the company who installed it? Nordyne doesn't offer a warranty of their own????

Post Likes

Talking

if it wasnt for bad luck id have no luck at all

Post Likes
    Topaz

Notdyne has a 90 day labor warranty on complete systems only unless a longer one is purchased. The coil should have a minimum of a 5 year parts warranty. I doubt the home warranty company will help with anything. Take the coil to a Nordyne distributer and see what they say.
    Its a good Life!

Post Likes
    The contractor SHOULD stand behind things. Raise a ruckus with them first, then your warranty company. I was told the same thing that the coil would have a minimum 5 year parts warranty. But your issue is with the contractor & the warranty company. They need to back their work. Who said the coil is leaking?