Name:  Thermostat_Honeywell537-DFs.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  91.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by noskilltech View Post
    Name:  Thermostat_Honeywell537-DFs.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  91.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    I had a guy a few weeks ago want me to rip out the existing BAS in the building they are renting out and install those for their 42 30 ton VAV RTU's.

I told him to call Happy Happy Furnace and have a great day!

OP, how about an RTU model number? We could then get pretty specific as to what you could do with the RTU without using the UPC Open interface.
    UA LU 562

I appreciate all the interest and support. But we are lossing focus here. Please., I am interested in specifically, how to connect a conventional thermostat to operate an RTU with the open card installed from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthepuc View Post
    I appreciate all the interest and support. But we are lossing focus here. Please., I am interested in specifically, how to connect a conventional thermostat to operate an RTU with the open card installed from the factory.
    Carrier makes a lot of different RTUs - If we don't know what you have, we can't help you.
    UA LU 562

Quote Originally Posted by whatthepuc View Post
    Not everyone is off topic, at least two people requested the model number and you have not provided. Without the model number it is hard for us to know what system/setup you have.

People have also requested the type of BMS you have that you state does not support RTU-Open. The RTU-Open can support N2, BACnet MS/TP, Modbus & Lon. Most decent BMS sytems will support at least one of these. It is also easy to convert BACnet MS/TP to BACnetIP if the BMS can support that.

Will need the M/N to verify, but with all the RTU-Open cards I have installed/setup they do not support a conventional t-stat like the CCN PremierLink can.

Must of been a reason the unit was ordered this way. If a conventional t-stat is the only option you may need to go back to Carrier for the best option on modifying the controls in the unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Balibe
    Thank you
    You are correct in that you cannot connect a conventional thermostat to the factory installed open card. Carrier finally responded. The systems will need to be placed on a Carrier sensor. The existing BMS did not support any of the open propotcols the open card offered. I realize everyone was trying to help. I just did not want to get hung-up on the existing system. Unfortunately, someone never checked the protocol of the exixting EMS. The units will just have to operate as stand alone.
    Thank you for everyones support and info. It was very much appreciated.

You should get the Carrier Field Installer software. Check you local distributor, ours recently held free training on the Open system and included in the free classes was free software and free network adapter. gotta love free stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12