Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier RTU-Open Controls

We have two recently installed Carrier RTU's. Units are furnished with the RTU-open card. BMS does not support the protocols. Can the units operate by a conventional thermostat? How?

didn't the installing contractor do a start up on these units?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Not yet started up. Awaiting controls remedy befor proceeding.

they can be converted, but it's a pain in the a$$ to convert and a waste of money on that nice rtu-opn board that came with it.
    Last edited by jmcgreevey; 08-08-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: need to read rules first

Great. Glad to here they can be converted. How?

What are the protocols supplied with the RTU(s) and what BMS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    What are the protocols supplied with the RTU(s) and what BMS ?
    I guess I didnt think about it, but don't those boards support several different protocols including bacnet and lontalk?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgreevey View Post
    I guess I didnt think about it, but don't those boards support several different protocols including bacnet and lontalk?
    Typically

And your BMS is ?

Not my building. Was just saying that it is possible to convert from rtu-opn back to standard controls but doesn't make sense if the board does support the system that they are running. I've only used them on bacnet networks, but I'm pretty sure they support 4 or 5 different protocols and it is as easy as setting the dips on the rtu-open controller that tell it what language to speak and what baud rate to use.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgreevey View Post
    Not my building. Was just saying that it is possible to convert from rtu-opn back to standard controls but doesn't make sense if the board does support the system that they are running. I've only used them on bacnet networks, but I'm pretty sure they support 4 or 5 different protocols and it is as easy as setting the dips on the rtu-open controller that tell it what language to speak and what baud rate to use.

DEFINE "STANDARD" CONTROLS

Carrier RTU-MP controller can be set up for bacnet ms/tp, lon, modbus, N2 - lon requires and additional board but no programming is required see attached install guide
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by drj_controls View Post
    Carrier RTU-MP controller can be set up for bacnet ms/tp, lon, modbus, N2 - lon requires and additional board but no programming is required see attached install guide
    and lets not forget all the gateways to go from to another "or" how some BMS's can do all of the above..... Some cant talk to anything but there own....

I believe your controls outfit is full of beans? But there is no way to know here on the internet when we do not know what you have.....

For example I need to know if there is a transmission available that can bolt up to my old Ford? Can you help me?

RGWYB up down on off. You know, standard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast