+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 19XL retrofit to PIC III

Post Likes

Smile 19XL retrofit to PIC III

I was trofitted a Carrier 19XL with R-22 from PIC I to PIC III on 1 moth ago. It is running very well up to now. Attached some photos to share with yours!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Can

Post Likes
    Nice job Can, well done
    Necessity is the mother of invention

Post Likes
    looks good, did you have to change motor and bearing temp sensor?

Post Likes
    Nice job.I have done 6 retrofits . Threee 19xls with r-22 and 3 19xrs with 134a.I have yet to use that huge panel that comes with the relays and ISM module.I ended up gutting the low voltage side of the starter and using the space for the new components.All in all they have turned out pretty good.Everyone seems happy with it and have not had any problems.

Post Likes
    Good job! I have done 2 already. 1 17FA and a 19EX. Both had 4160 motors and used 134a. On the second one, we had a reduced voltage starter with big reactors on one side so we just mounted the panel on the wall next to it and ran conduit to the low voltage side of the starter. You also have to mount that auxilliary panel to translate the old style bearing sensors to switch contact on the FA. The EX was a lot easier going from PIC 1 to PIC 2.

Post Likes
    I agree, retrofitting from a pic 1 to pic 2 is the least complicated.On the XLs there is a small circuit board that is used to allow the PIC to control the motor cooling solenoid. This coming winter I will be retrofitting one to an EB that has been converted to 134a.I believe it still has the 32sm controls.I have also retrofitted a 30hxc from the old PSIO board to comfortlinks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by budglo View Post
    I agree, retrofitting from a pic 1 to pic 2 is the least complicated.On the XLs there is a small circuit board that is used to allow the PIC to control the motor cooling solenoid. This coming winter I will be retrofitting one to an EB that has been converted to 134a.I believe it still has the 32sm controls.I have also retrofitted a 30hxc from the old PSIO board to comfortlinks.
    Is there a kit for the psio board to comfortlink or did you piece it together?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    Yes there is , but I think you could also piece one together easier once you see the parts list for the retro kit.

Post Likes
    There is a kit , which I got.It came with a new panel, compressor leads, transducers,flow switch ,etc.I must warn you though , there are no instructions, but it is pretty straight forward if you know both types of machines and have the most current SOM manual and wiring diagrams.

Post Likes
    Very clean, nice job can. Fyi those old controls are worth some money.
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

Post Likes

Nice Work Can

Hey Can, long time no see (talk)...

How does it work on your continent with Carrier since you are an independent? Does Carrier play nice?

Maybe some of you have had better luck but Carrier has given me so much trouble over the years I won't even consider the kit rather I go MCS.
    All my leon freaked out!

Post Likes
    I just started on one today!!

Post Likes
    nice looking job. Ive been involved in one so far

Post Likes
    looks good, did you have to change motor and bearing temp sensor?
    No need!
    Can

Post Likes
    I only buy the control panel actuator and ISM and modify the control wiring for the power box and starter by myself! The cost will most cheaper!
    Can

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by budglo View Post
    Nice job.I have done 6 retrofits . Threee 19xls with r-22 and 3 19xrs with 134a.I have yet to use that huge panel that comes with the relays and ISM module.I ended up gutting the low voltage side of the starter and using the space for the new components.All in all they have turned out pretty good.Everyone seems happy with it and have not had any problems.
    I only buy the control panel actuator and ISM and modify the control wiring for the power box and starter by myself! The cost will most cheaper!
    Can

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
    Very clean, nice job can. Fyi those old controls are worth some money.
    Thank you very much!
    Can

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in