Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Need WKS4000 help

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    crawlspace
    Email me and I'll give you the model number of the condensing unit I used for a replacement. It's also very important to eliminate the old mechanical thermostat and use a digital with an adjustable timer.

In my experience the orignal Danfos compressor just don't last over 2 to 3 years on these systems. No sense in replacing like for like.

Delta,

Saw your input here. Can you tell me what you replaced the Breeze Aire condensing unit with? I have a similar story to Tbird and I am in the Dallas area. Service tech just left. I am $700 into not having the original unit fixed. Just told tech to buy whole new condensing unit. I am not HVAC savvy so that is why I started checking online.

Tech said it will take 6 weeks to order new condensing unit from overseas. Locals will not sell condenser separately. Is there something else more reliable and less expensive than the Breeze Aire- Danfos condenser unit? Tech also said I have a 115Volt Phase 1 Unit.

Can you also give me the specs on the thermostat you recommended? Thanks in advance.

BH

Quote Originally Posted by Bharv View Post
    Delta,

Saw your input here. Can you tell me what you replaced the Breeze Aire condensing unit with? I have a similar story to Tbird and I am in the Dallas area. Service tech just left. I am $700 into not having the original unit fixed. Just told tech to buy whole new condensing unit. I am not HVAC savvy so that is why I started checking online.

Tech said it will take 6 weeks to order new condensing unit from overseas. Locals will not sell condenser separately. Is there something else more reliable and less expensive than the Breeze Aire- Danfos condenser unit? Tech also said I have a 115Volt Phase 1 Unit.

Can you also give me the specs on the thermostat you recommended? Thanks in advance.BH
    I'll have to got back in my records 3 or 4 years to find that information about the condensing unit model. I'll be glad to give it to you so you can give it to an contractor who will be working with you to install the system.

The commercially available digital remote bulb temperature control is Ranco made and either hte ETC112000 or the ETC111000 depending on your application.

Have the contractor take out of line the built in evaporator mechanical thermostat and install in the control line, should be a pump down system, the Ranco control. Whether the fan cycles or not is up to you and the contractor.

He should put the remote bulb on the inlet grill to sense the box air temperature. And the time delay should be for as long as possible, which is 12 minutes. I typicall set the set point at 58 degrees.

Keep in mind this is keeping the existing evaportor located in the wine cooler. their is nothing wrong with the Breeze-Air Evaps. The condensing unit just needs replacing with a standard off the wall commercially available unit as well as replacement of the temperature control.

Give me some time and I'll find the model number of the condensing unit I finally ended up using. I've got two in the field now that I have modified in this manner and they are going on 4 years without one problem.

The Danfoss compressor typically won't last 2 years in my experiences.

PS. What Breeze air unit do you now have?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Do not know Breeze Aire model. What woudl the model number look like and I will try to find out. FYI- Tech just called me and said the new condenser package, brand new and installed, would be $2,640. Told him to hold off until I contacted him. Do you know anyone here in the Dallas area that services wine rooms and will not gouge me? Maybe they understand this unique install you are mentioning, as well.

Thanks for your help.

Somewhere on the side of the Breeze Aire evaporator should be a model number. If you have a different size than the ones I have replaced my information won't be any good to you. I would suggest that if you think your present wine cooler tech is knowledgable, then tell him to look up the capacity of the Danfoss condensing unit and find a replacement in an over the counter condensing unit of the same specifications. It's as easy as that.

He removed the Danfoss condensing unit, installs the new over the counter refrigeration condensing unit, installs the proper accessories such as a dryer, charges the system properly, install the new Ranco temperature control and you should be good for quite a while with proper and normal maintenance.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Somewhere on the side of the Breeze Aire evaporator should be a model number. If you have a different size than the ones I have replaced my information won't be any good to you. I would suggest that if you think your present wine cooler tech is knowledgable, then tell him to look up the capacity of the Danfoss condensing unit and find a replacement in an over the counter condensing unit of the same specifications. It's as easy as that.

He removed the Danfoss condensing unit, installs the new over the counter refrigeration condensing unit, installs the proper accessories such as a dryer, charges the system properly, install the new Ranco temperature control and you should be good for quite a while with proper and normal maintenance.
    Is the evaporator the unit located in the wine room? He gave me some kind of number that said 1096075. Is that it? This guy is knowledgable but seems like a robot that goes by the guidelines only. No thinking out of the box, but very thorough. Do you recommend anyone down here?

The evaporator is the cold thing inside the wine room. You number is probably the serial number.

Most any refrigeration company in your immediate area should be able to perform this simple replacement. Call around and tell the service manager that you would like a matching replacement condensing unit made by Techumseh or Copeland for your wine cooler which now has a Danfoss condensing unit.

And that you would like the wine cooler thermostat to be changed to a Ranco control as indicated before.

Any refrigeration person sho has any experience should be able to do this job. I'd stick with the small companies because you tend to have a chance to work with the owner or get to know the owner and have personalized service. You might find it in some big companies but, typically, there are more layers of people to go through.

Post on here your local area and there might be a few posters that could help you.

The evaporator is the cold thing inside the wine room. You number is probably the serial number.

Most any refrigeration company in your immediate area should be able to perform this simple replacement. Call around and tell the service manager that you would like a matching replacement condensing unit made by Techumseh or Copeland for your wine cooler which now has a Danfoss condensing unit.

And that you would like the wine cooler thermostat to be changed to a Ranco control as indicated before.

Any refrigeration person sho has any experience should be able to do this job. I'd stick with the small companies because you tend to have a chance to work with the owner or get to know the owner and have personalized service. You might find it in some big companies but, typically, there are more layers of people to go through.

Post on here your local area and there might be a few posters that could help you.
    DeltaT,

I found a supplier today called Johnson Supply that looks like they have Tecumseh and Copeland products available for me to purchase. Again, for clarification, (1) if I get the evaporator model number off the unit in the wine room, they can match the right condenser unit, size, etc. to the evaporator, correct? (2) And the condenser unit is the big metal boxed in unit that sits outside that has all the electronic stuff, fan, etc. built into it? (3) And I need them to also sell me the Ranco thermostat?

If this is correct, then I can just hire the guy to install it.

Bharv-
    If you need some help with this, shoot me an e-mail. We do a lot of wine cellars and are located in Dallas
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikelcs View Post
    Bharv-
    If you need some help with this, shoot me an e-mail. We do a lot of wine cellars and are located in Dallas
    What he says. This is a complicated replacement and you need to have someone with the right skills and tools to do this simple job, which is simple to them.

Good luck and give us a follow up when all is running well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123