Hello All. There was a try to discuss how to get an N2Open protocol in this forum. The result was --- to fill some form and send it to JCI. I've done this and got no answer. Maybe cause i'm not a vendor and proffit-worthless to JCI in a long run. So can anyone bootlegg a copy (electronic version i suppose) of this misterious protocol specification to me?

Thanks.

P.S. some parts of this N2Open protocol specification i picked up on Internet from Dunfoss VLT® 2800 Metasys N2 manual, but it's not copmlete in commands that i need.

If I recall correctly N2 is based on Optomux-22. I don't have a copy of the protocol.

Check my creds for the e-mail address - I've got a pdf of what you're looking for.

Hi davem,

I am the control integrator from Hong Kong, now I am handling the project for the N2bus control integration.
    Would you mind also give me N2Open protocol specification?

Many Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sergey_podenok View Post
    Hello All. There was a try to discuss how to get an N2Open protocol in this forum. The result was --- to fill some form and send it to JCI. I've done this and got no answer. Maybe cause i'm not a vendor and proffit-worthless to JCI in a long run. So can anyone bootlegg a copy (electronic version i suppose) of this misterious protocol specification to me?

Thanks.

P.S. some parts of this N2Open protocol specification i picked up on Internet from Dunfoss VLT® 2800 Metasys N2 manual, but it's not copmlete in commands that i need.
    Good day Sergey,

If you plan on offering any products using the N2 interface, you will need to have JCI formally provide you with the N2 Protocol. If not, then you may face JCI lawyers, as they have gone after some firms for acquiring the N2 protocol through non-formal channels. I suspect that JCI will respond, but it would appear that not as quick as they once did.

Cheers,

Sam

Hi davem,

I am a Korean engineer, do you know korea?
    Now I am working on N2 to modbus RTU protocol conversion.
    Would you mind also give me N2open protocol specification?

Thanks.

Ask 'im which bit.
    gnomethang